Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 03:51 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,868,731 times

Advertisements

I forgot about the honey. Buy it from a LOCAL and I mean someone in your neighborhood if you can grower, not the junk in the plastic bear bottle. That worked for me! Something about it gives you immunity or a pollen build up or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 08:03 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,809,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexrzrbakJr View Post
I grew up in Texas and lived in several places while in the military and have had to deal with allergies from time to time, but they've never been as bad as they are living in Northwest Arkansas. It was like this when I was in school and work here between 1988 and 1997, and since moving back two years ago it's cropped up again. Anybody have a good prescription medication from your doctor to recommend? I've takenClaritin, and it doesn't work well.
Over the counter, huh? Try Flonase ( Doctor prescribed) I use to do the allergy shots every three months and then had a hard time balancing my schedule and making it to the doctors office all the time. I still encounter sinus infections even while taking Clariton, so there isn't any immunity with allergy medication or allergy shots.. A good doctor will probably prescribe you 'Flonase' along with a decongestant and antibiotic. I really think allergies are going to be horrible this year but Texas is going to be to dry. Just my hunch, but Texas is going to be so dry that I bet a few trees will be chasing dogs, on occasion. Feel better.

Old 03-07-2014, 06:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Climber View Post
Pay attn to when you have an attack of allergies, and check with pollen count websites to see which are highest at the time of your flares.

I almost have it down to the weeks of the year that are typically the worst for juniper. It varies some by the weather pattern/rainfall and whether the cedars are extremely fruitful in a given year.

I had bad juniper allergies flare two years back because of a very rainy/warm late winter and a strong pollen season for the cedars. When that happens, my best course of action is a couple of extra showers, rinsing my face and spending more time indoors.
Right now they are listed as high, but not top of the charts and it is trees. For me, right now through mid April will be the worst. I do take meds year around, but not daily except for spring.

Old 03-07-2014, 06:38 AM

513 posts, read 736,919 times
"I forgot about the honey. Buy it from a LOCAL and I mean someone in your neighborhood if you can grower, not the junk in the plastic bear bottle. That worked for me! Something about it gives you immunity or a pollen build up or something."

I second this--my father was a beekeeper before his death in the 1960s and many people in our hometown sought out his clover honey from local bees to help with their allergies. My father had honey every morning in his coffee instead of sugar; of course, I did everything he did, ate honey on waffles, pancakes, etc. Neither he nor I ever had any allergies of any kind. My mother, who preferred syrup, had allergies. Just anecdotal, but something to consider. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers