Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 04:53 PM

13 posts, read 83,519 times

Advertisements

My husband recently was offered a job in NW Arkansas....VERY recently, and they want him there last week! So we're trying to make the move quickly. I've been scouring the web, trying to find a rental house in the area and I'm striking out everywhere I look. I'm not even having much luck finding leasing agents. Help?

I know from reading another thread that anything remotely like advertising is forbidden here, and I understand that. But I'm assuming it would be alright if some nice, helpful person (anyone?? please???) wanted to email me some information.

My husband will be working in Fayetteville, Bentonville and Rogers, so we're thinking Springdale would be the most convenient place for us. We don't have kids, so the schools aren't an issue. We just need a little house that allows pets, and we need it quick.

Anyone know an agent, or have a house they're looking to rent?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me. Now I'm gonna go surf through these forums for a while before I force myself to go back to the house hunt.

Kerry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 04:56 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,845,782 times
I can't help, but I have been following the threads here regarding the NW and it seems that Springdale is not considered very nice. You might want to focus on the other towns/cities. Good luck.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:09 PM

When we went to Springdale it didn't look bad to me. But then I've lived in some areas of Dallas, TX and Pittsburgh, PA that would scare the life out of some people, so maybe I'm using a different yardstick. My gut feeling is that Springdale would suit us nicely, although we're not ruling out bentonville, fayetteville or rogers.

Thanks for the comment!

Old 12-04-2007, 05:11 PM

23 posts, read 64,094 times
The Morning News: Classifieds Check out the classifieds in the local paper

Old 12-04-2007, 05:37 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,207,541 times
MODERATOR: Other than the paper, please contact the OP via direct message with any recommendations for realty companies...as requested, and thank you geelen!

Old 12-05-2007, 07:20 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,731,533 times
There are areas of Springdale that are really good for a family and yeah compared to Pitt or Dallas, Springdale is cake. I prefer Fayetteville but that's just me. You will almost without a doubt find more rental homes in Fayetteville than Springdale though because of the college. That said, most of the rental house properties are probably already full!

Old 12-06-2007, 03:10 AM

Thanks so much to everyone who has replied. I've gotten some very helpful information from several people here. We're planning a trip to the area this morning to see some houses. Hopefully we'll find the one. Wish me luck!

Again, BIG thanks!

Old 12-07-2007, 05:11 AM

90 posts, read 351,881 times
I just rented a nice hosue and if you still are looking let me know, I have a list of websites and realtors you can use.

Good luck.

Old 12-07-2007, 04:08 PM

44 posts, read 173,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geelen View Post
My husband recently was offered a job in NW Arkansas....VERY recently, and they want him there last week! So we're trying to make the move quickly. I've been scouring the web, trying to find a rental house in the area and I'm striking out everywhere I look. I'm not even having much luck finding leasing agents. Help?

I know from reading another thread that anything remotely like advertising is forbidden here, and I understand that. But I'm assuming it would be alright if some nice, helpful person (anyone?? please???) wanted to email me some information.

My husband will be working in Fayetteville, Bentonville and Rogers, so we're thinking Springdale would be the most convenient place for us. We don't have kids, so the schools aren't an issue. We just need a little house that allows pets, and we need it quick.

Anyone know an agent, or have a house they're looking to rent?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me. Now I'm gonna go surf through these forums for a while before I force myself to go back to the house hunt.

Kerry
Kerry

There are many rentals available in NWA. Moderator cut: no, you can't

Last edited by Sam I Am; 12-07-2007 at 04:31 PM..

Old 12-07-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Success!

Well, our trip to NWA was a success. We called one of the agents that was recommended to me via private message and found a duplex in Rogers that is just about perfect. I would have liked a bigger back yard for the dog, but when he finds out about Murphy Dog Park I think he'll forgive me. The dog park was actually a major factor in the decision to choose Rogers.

Now we're just waiting for the new landlord to contact the old landlady for a reference. Unfortunately she's notoriously hard to reach, otherwise we would be moving tomorrow. Now we're shooting for Monday. We're a little disappointed about that, but it gives me two extra days to pack and clean, so it might be for the best after all.

After this last day trip to NWA I'm even more happy about the move than before. I've read a few comments on this forum saying that the people in that area aren't friendly. I'm truly puzzled by that. Everyone I've had occasion to speak with there was friendly and helpful. They were even polite in traffic! I'm definitely looking forward to living in my new hometown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers