Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 06:22 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,367,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
There will be a bypass in the future. Arkansas is waiting on MO to see if they want the road widened from the end of AR to Missouri..

Eventually 49 will go all the way to Canada ( I think)
that is the plan: I just doubt I will be alive to see it, but you probably will be..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2014, 06:46 AM

47 posts, read 117,239 times
Good thing about the bypass. We asked a worker here at the hotel and she said that if you live in Bella Vista you will most likely be stuck paying fees for stuff, like Golf. I don't golf so I obviously don't want to pay any type of fees for that. Is that true?

We did a bunch of driving around looking at neighborhoods and I think Springdale and Rogers is out. Fayetteville had some nice areas and we are gonna be checking out Bentonville and Bella Vista today. The only thing is we are not fans of the cookie cutter houses, the person we spoke with said if were not a fan of that type of stuff and want a more "country feel" to look at places like Garfield. Since were here does anyone else have any suggestions that's about 30 minutes away from Bentonville where the areas have a more country feel? We are trying to look at as many areas as we can so when we start looking for houses we know what areas we like and don't like. We don't mind newer houses and all, we just don't want to be in a huge subdivision of them when we move here and we want at least a little land, not a tiny front yard and backyard... enough where you get some privacy and not all up in your neighbor's business.

Thanks!

Old 08-31-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daterxies View Post
Good thing about the bypass. We asked a worker here at the hotel and she said that if you live in Bella Vista you will most likely be stuck paying fees for stuff, like Golf. I don't golf so I obviously don't want to pay any type of fees for that. Is that true?

We did a bunch of driving around looking at neighborhoods and I think Springdale and Rogers is out. Fayetteville had some nice areas and we are gonna be checking out Bentonville and Bella Vista today. The only thing is we are not fans of the cookie cutter houses, the person we spoke with said if were not a fan of that type of stuff and want a more "country feel" to look at places like Garfield. Since were here does anyone else have any suggestions that's about 30 minutes away from Bentonville where the areas have a more country feel? We are trying to look at as many areas as we can so when we start looking for houses we know what areas we like and don't like. We don't mind newer houses and all, we just don't want to be in a huge subdivision of them when we move here and we want at least a little land, not a tiny front yard and backyard... enough where you get some privacy and not all up in your neighbor's business.

Thanks!
ok, I imagine you are looking around Bentonville and Bella Vista right now; if so, you are seeing, specially in Bella Vista our houses are not cookie cutter and as far as I know are all custom built. of course the townhouses are a little different. Like any town houses they can be very much identical.

Let me clarify the golf situation: don't listen to people who do not live in an area and just depend on what they hear from others: I think the name of the game is: gossip or rumors. Like many communities we have a home owners association, or Property Owners association, which ever you want to call it. The dues are $24 a month, possible soon to be raised to $30.00 a month and this covers upkeep of the lakes and golf courses, maintaining the recreation centers, keeping the grass along the roads and public areas mowed, removal of trees that have fallen, etc. The cost of golf is only affected in one way: this is true with the rest of the amenities: if you a home owner you have a POA card and it gives you a discount on the use of the facilities. I hope this helps to clarify what she thought she knew from the game: gossip!!! We certainly do not have a perfect system, many of us would love to see some changes, but it is still a good feeling to know we have so much available to us, at a reasonable cost. Just one more thing I will add: the $24 a month is offset by the lower cost of property in Bella Vista compared to the better areas in Bentonville, Rogers and Fayetteville.

Old 08-31-2014, 02:54 PM

Thanks for the response and the clarification!

We did drive throughout there and i really did like the area. Everything was very nice with maybe the exception is since it was so hilly most the houses we looked at didnt have much of a yard infact most of them had stone. Is there a specific reason why stone is used? im sure there are a lot of exceptions but that was just a few houses that we looked at for sale (we were looking at houses in our price range to get a ideal of what we will be able to get in a year or two) I think it might have even been you who mentioned it in another post, but we did see a license plate from Wisconsin in there too. I really liked the roads and in some spots the tree cover over the roads, so opposite of the city!

Old 08-31-2014, 02:59 PM

nmnita also i noticed its mostly retired people (We could see this when driving) which isnt a huge problem for us, but would you consider Bella Vista a good place to raise a child? Im sure more younger families will move in as time goes on and like i said we drove through, spent maybe 2 hours in the area early on a Sunday morning so maybe that isn't the best time to see younger adults. You live there how do you view the area age wise? if a couple in there younger 30s moves out there will it be a hard time finding others around our age with children?

Old 08-31-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
nmnita also i noticed its mostly retired people (We could see this when driving) which isnt a huge problem for us, but would you consider Bella Vista a good place to raise a child? Im sure more younger families will move in as time goes on and like i said we drove through, spent maybe 2 hours in the area early on a Sunday morning so maybe that isn't the best time to see younger adults. You live there how do you view the area age wise? if a couple in there younger 30s moves out there will it be a hard time finding others around our age with children?
ok, here we go: originally the village as it was referred to back then, was developed for seniors, although never a senior only community. Now the east side is pretty well split, that is why, right now the elementary school is splitting at the seams. It is rated the top elementary school in Benton county. The median or average age, I am not sure which has gone from about 60 plus to the mid 40s right now; You can see the change. if we end up with another elementary school or a totally new school district in the next few years the median age will drop more. Of course being a strong supporter of our youth, knowing they are the future of our county, I am pushing for more schools and more young families. As much as I love living on the west side, if I had young children right now, I would stay east of the highway or maybe west, but within the Bentonville school district. Remember us seniors are soon to be 6 ft under with nothing but memories of those days gone by. The community is changing very fast.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:59 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,799,347 times
Quote:

Thanks!

You can try Garfield too. I'll look at the exit off of 49 here in a minute an post but it goes to Garfield. I used to live out there and traveled every day to General Office when I worked at Wal-mart. ( I think it's 72 but I can't remember what the exit is.. Off of 49 ( like you are coming from Bella Vista to Rogers it's the first exit on the right.. Let me look it up.

Anyway here is map. So, from Bella Vista ( I think it's 72) take a left at Kum & Go on 49 and that will bring you out to Garfield

http://goo.gl/oiUGBW

http://goo.gl/wskmAo

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 08-31-2014 at 08:15 PM..

Old 09-01-2014, 04:28 AM

Quote:
You can try Garfield too. I'll look at the exit off of 49 here in a minute an post but it goes to Garfield. I used to live out there and traveled every day to General Office when I worked at Wal-mart. ( I think it's 72 but I can't remember what the exit is.. Off of 49 ( like you are coming from Bella Vista to Rogers it's the first exit on the right.. Let me look it up.

Anyway here is map. So, from Bella Vista ( I think it's 72) take a left at Kum & Go on 49 and that will bring you out to Garfield

http://goo.gl/oiUGBW

http://goo.gl/wskmAo
I am smiling because you use a landmark for directions. We always laugh about this. It is so rural and a wonderful way to identify exits, streets, etc. Most of us growing up in large urban areas only use street names or the highway numbers. The first time I asked our granddaughter about how to get to someplace here, she did just was you did: Her comment sorta was, I think it is such and such street, but you know it you turn at McDonalds or she would say, it is the first street after the big tree, that is just Casey's. heck in the big city, you can hardly spot the Krum convenience store cause everything is wall to wall businesses.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:02 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,799,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am smiling because you use a landmark for directions. We always laugh about this. It is so rural and a wonderful way to identify exits, streets, etc. Most of us growing up in large urban areas only use street names or the highway numbers. The first time I asked our granddaughter about how to get to someplace here, she did just was you did: Her comment sorta was, I think it is such and such street, but you know it you turn at McDonalds or she would say, it is the first street after the big tree, that is just Casey's. heck in the big city, you can hardly spot the Krum convenience store cause everything is wall to wall businesses.
LOL! How cute!

Old 09-02-2014, 05:20 AM

971 posts, read 1,447,528 times
Quote:
LOL! How cute!
I suppoae it is cute to the newbies but for us longtimers the numbers have been changed so many times it is hard to remember all the different numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers