Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 09:09 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,723,881 times

Advertisements

I see that Walmart has a huge influence in the area, but that can't be all there is to the area!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 10:19 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,988,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjrush View Post
No one is discussing Walmart as it relates to NWA. They are discussing Walmart on its own

I believe there are scores of other boards for off topic discussion. Walmart's payscale for associates has nothing to do with NWA
I have discussed directly how it relates to the area. It has a massive impact on it, as does U of A, and Tyson and a few others to lesser extent. I live in a town that used to have a GM plant fully running. Now it barely produces anything. When it shut down, it sent ripples like you can't imagine through the community of a quarter million. I promise you that walmart is a massive part of what makes nwa what it is. It affects everything from staffing at the local hospitals to the cost of rent.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:31 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,809,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
I have discussed directly how it relates to the area. It has a massive impact on it, as does U of A, and Tyson and a few others to lesser extent. I live in a town that used to have a GM plant fully running. Now it barely produces anything. When it shut down, it sent ripples like you can't imagine through the community of a quarter million. I promise you that walmart is a massive part of what makes nwa what it is. It affects everything from staffing at the local hospitals to the cost of rent.
I know what you are saying but you're are not recognizing the others. One is JB Hunt which is in Lowell and the other is Tyson which is in Springdale.. Tyson is huge and so is JB Hunt. All three Fortune 500 companies are right here. So, it's not just Wal-Mart... but I understand what you are saying. An apartment goes for $450-$500 and that's dirt cheap. It's a box with no garage but.. I have a call into a realtor tomorrow...mainly for the commute I have everyday.. Totally sick of it. I-49 should be completed in a couple of years hopefully. No road rage so far.. but DAM! (LOL)

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 11-16-2014 at 10:39 PM..

Old 11-16-2014, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
I know what you are saying but you're are not recognizing the others. One is JB Hunt which is in Lowell and the other is Tyson which is in Springdale.. Tyson is huge and so is JB Hunt. All three Fortune 500 are right here. So, it's not just Wal-Mart... but I understand what you are saying. An apartment goes for $450-$500 and that's dirt cheap. It's a box with no garage but.. I have a call into a realtor tomorrow. My but t is going back to Lowell ( again)... mainly for the commute.
I'm approaching this from the aspect of someone who lives in a town which saw industry a fraction of a size of home office go under and the impact it had. I have found apartments for under $400 in Bentonville though...are those false advertisement or something?

Old 11-16-2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
I'm approaching this from the aspect of someone who lives in a town which saw industry a fraction of a size of home office go under and the impact it had. I have found apartments for under $400 in Bentonville though...are those false advertisement or something?
I don't know because truthfully, I can't stand Bentonville. I had a career at general office for ten years myself and worked with Sam a few times. I ran Helens arts and crafts buisiness in Springfield as well I've got cousins that have been in the warehouse for over 30 years. One died at 49 from heart surgery ( Blood clot got into his lung, which was sad...) I like certain parts of Bentonville but it is too crowded and way too small. it.. but the "Links" are all over the place and owed by Lindsey ( I think) I mean, just all over. I looked at their website and they start at $485 and then there are some by me and I think it's $450.00. I would think the ones you are talking about are pretty run down but are probably $400.00 and those would probably be really old and off Moberly Lane.

The bottom link for the "Links" is just Springdale.

The Links at Springdale I/II Apartments - Springdale, AR 72762 | Apartments for Rent

The ones you are talking about are probably "Moberly Mannor" Apartments? I'll Google and edit it if I can find them online..

Well, I found them but they say they are $450..

http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartm...or-I_II/89448/

I don't know if those are the same ones or not. Hey, if you need to leave early than expected from LA you can always room with me ( I don't bite) but have an extra room.. so no worry. Even if I sell and re-buy the place I really want.. it will have two extra bedrooms upstairs and a bath so..no sweat.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 11-16-2014 at 11:01 PM..

Old 11-16-2014, 11:11 PM

Quote:
I don't know because truthfully, I can't stand Bentonville. I had a career at general office for ten years myself and worked with Sam a few times. I ran Helens arts and crafts buisiness in Springfield as well I've got cousins that have been in the warehouse for over 30 years. One died at 49 from heart surgery ( Blood clot got into his lung, which was sad...) I like certain parts of Bentonville but it is too crowded and way too small. it.. but the "Links" are all over the place and owed by Lindsey ( I think) I mean, just all over. I looked at their website and they start at $485 and then there are some by me and I think it's $450.00. I would think the ones you are talking about are pretty run down but are probably $400.00 and those would probably be really old and off Moberly Lane.

The Links at Springdale I/II Apartments - Springdale, AR 72762 | Apartments for Rent

The ones you are talking about are probably "Moberly Mannor" Apartments? I'll Google and edit it if I can find them online..

Moberly Manor I/II Apartments - Bentonville, AR 72712 | Apartments for Rent

I don't know if those are the same ones or not. Hey, if you need to leave early than expected from LA you can always room with me ( I don't bite) but have an extra room.. so no worry. Even if I sell and re-buy the place I really want.. it will have two extra bedrooms upstairs and a bath so..no sweat.
I have had roommates up until 5 years ago, but living alone I've really just come to value it. I keep odd hours and hate wearing clothing. Pretty much relegated me to living alone lol!

Double Tree I/II Apartments - Rogers, AR 72756 | Apartments for Rent

what about that?

Old 11-16-2014, 11:12 PM

By the way, this past Saturday was a delight in Bentonville. One needed a helicopter in a big way to get around. George Bush had a book signing and signed 1300 copies of his new book.

President George W. Bush Visits Bentonville For Book Signing | 5NEWSOnline.com

Old 11-16-2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:

Moberly Manor I/II Apartments - Bentonville, AR 72712 | Apartments for Rent

I have had roommates up until 5 years ago, but living alone I've really just come to value it. I keep odd hours and hate wearing clothing. Pretty much relegated me to living alone lol! I personally think I'm difficult and quirky to be around for long periods of time (like living together) now days.

what about that? (I know it's rogers but same difference to me)

Old 11-16-2014, 11:15 PM

Quote:
I have had roommates up until 5 years ago, but living alone I've really just come to value it. I keep odd hours and hate wearing clothing. Pretty much relegated me to living alone lol!

what about that?
That says $520 and that's in Rogers. The nice thing about that area is it would be an ideal commute to your property. You could be there in about 20 minutes ( depending on how you drive) The Links also have a location on 102 which would be about the same same distance. Double Tree is really close to 62. I totally understand the alone thing. No worries. 62 goes directly to your property and on to Eureka ( Making a right in Seligman ( I think it is) I can get to Eureka from my place in a little over an hour on a motorcycle/car. It depends on how dirty I want to get that day..

Old 11-16-2014, 11:17 PM

4,503 posts, read 4,612,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
So what you are saying is you are a vegetarian or a vegan? That is fine, but for many they enjoy eating meat, so don't blame the companies that sell the products...I know too many who work for Tyson's to know they are not a bad company. In fact they are a very good company.

Again, if the two companies were out of business where do you think the millions who work for them would find employment? You don't seem to have an answer.
Doesn't Tyson employ lots of undocumented workers in their chicken plants? That's been the word on the street for some time now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers