Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 07:12 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,243,012 times

Advertisements

When I was growing up, my parents used a cheap dentist who trained interns. Since we didn't have insurance, there was no anesthetics and I could hear kids screaming while they were worked on. I learned early on to take care of my teeth and still have zero cavities in my 50 year old head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 10:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,639,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
When I was growing up, my parents used a cheap dentist who trained interns. Since we didn't have insurance, there was no anesthetics and I could hear kids screaming while they were worked on. I learned early on to take care of my teeth and still have zero cavities in my 50 year old head.
I can't say I have no fillings, but I do have exceptionally good teeth. Good for you and yes, taking care of your teeth is a great start. My mother in law and father in law didn't beleive in dentists. Hubby never say one until he was in his late teens. Then he started going to one, paying for it himself while in college. Though his parents were convinced he was wasting his money cause everyone loses their teeth by the time they are in their 40s, he kept on taking care of his. Now, at almost 80 he does have a plate with about 4 teeth in it, b but otherwise has the rest of his teeth and they are in great shape, even his gums are great.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:28 PM

34 posts, read 49,167 times
Monarch was a bit too expensive unfortunately. I want to find just a dentist who has his own practice if I can, not a company like Monarch is. Now I'm having sensitivity to cold and heat in a tooth 3 down from the cracked one they fixed. I'm hoping it is just from grinding in my sleep or something. The tooth it is coming from has a crown already (from teenage years).

As a note: I DO take care of my teeth. The tooth that cracked was one I had filled years ago as a teenager. I floss, brush, and use mouthwash. Some of my problems are actually hereditary. I have insulin resistance from my mom's side and both parents ended up with dentures before they turned 50. So please don't assume I don't take care of my teeth, because I do.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenl2881 View Post
Monarch was a bit too expensive unfortunately. I want to find just a dentist who has his own practice if I can, not a company like Monarch is. Now I'm having sensitivity to cold and heat in a tooth 3 down from the cracked one they fixed. I'm hoping it is just from grinding in my sleep or something. The tooth it is coming from has a crown already (from teenage years).

As a note: I DO take care of my teeth. The tooth that cracked was one I had filled years ago as a teenager. I floss, brush, and use mouthwash. Some of my problems are actually hereditary. I have insulin resistance from my mom's side and both parents ended up with dentures before they turned 50. So please don't assume I don't take care of my teeth, because I do.
Yes,you are right, some dental problems just like some health problems are genetic in nature. As for a cheap dentist, you are just not going to find one: they pay a lot for their education and they expect us to help them with their student loans. have you tried contacting the university? They may have some suggestions. Otherwise, you are going to have to work out some type of payment plan. It is important to remember, all the brushing and flossing in the world won't protect your teeth if you have inherited bad teeth and gums and/or do not visit the dentist every 6 months for cleaning, etc or at least every year.

Old 08-03-2015, 08:54 AM

291 posts, read 377,261 times
Try contacting Community Clinic in Springdale. They provide health & dental for the uninsured/under insured.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlove View Post
Try contacting Community Clinic in Springdale. They provide health & dental for the uninsured/under insured.
True, but I have a relative that works for them and if I understand right, there are guildelines as to who they can take. I might be wrong, but it is a good suggestion and someplace to, at least start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers