Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2015, 08:28 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,127,051 times

Advertisements

Mountain Biking culture is growing in Northwest Arkansas, as most of the cities have both paved and natural trails throughout. There are some great rides in the state parks nearby as well. Video at the link:

https://www.facebook.com/waltonfamil...44106/?fref=nf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 04:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,639,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Climber View Post
Mountain Biking culture is growing in Northwest Arkansas, as most of the cities have both paved and natural trails throughout. There are some great rides in the state parks nearby as well. Video at the link:

https://www.facebook.com/waltonfamil...44106/?fref=nf
Thanks for sharing. Mountain Biking is a wonderful sport. Too bad the bikers, out early on Sat mornings have to share the roads with the cars. Some are very considerate, some block the roads. With our narrow, 2 lane roads here, it creates a problem. It is still a very healthy actvity, just a pain for some of us drivers.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:37 AM

6,557 posts, read 4,953,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Thanks for sharing. Mountain Biking is a wonderful sport. Too bad the bikers, out early on Sat mornings have to share the roads with the cars. Some are very considerate, some block the roads. With our narrow, 2 lane roads here, it creates a problem. It is still a very healthy actvity, just a pain for some of us drivers.

Those are road bikers in packs on the roads. Mountain bikers ride single file in the woods.

And we have the same issues in the northeast on all the roads, it's not regional. As a cyclist myself, I find those that block the roads for no reason to be annoying and rude.

Old 10-11-2015, 11:24 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,639,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
Those are road bikers in packs on the roads. Mountain bikers ride single file in the woods.

And we have the same issues in the northeast on all the roads, it's not regional. As a cyclist myself, I find those that block the roads for no reason to be annoying and rude.
Thanks for clarifying that. I though they might be two different things, but then I thought maybe the road bikers were just practicing and staying in shape for their mountain riding. What do I know?

Old 10-11-2015, 11:49 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,807,249 times
Springdale is opening a new mountain trail as well

http://5newsonline.com/2015/10/06/sp...in-bike-trail/

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2015/o...bike-park-201/

Old 10-11-2015, 12:04 PM

6,557 posts, read 4,953,057 times
Quote:
Thanks for clarifying that. I though they might be two different things, but then I thought maybe the road bikers were just practicing and staying in shape for their mountain riding. What do I know?
It could be that! But we're so used to riding single track so we tend to be a little more disciplined I swear, up here we have more issues with the clubs that ride in groups. Some of them are really great about keeping everything together, but some of the bigger racing groups have an "I own the road mentality" that is really discouraging to see.

I really have to get down there and check out some trails! Does Arkansas allow other types of recreation on the same trails? Dirt biking is illegal on public land in our state, although you will find them in some forests. Otherwise we typically share with horses and hikers in many areas. Other states have very specific trails for each type of sport.

Old 04-16-2016, 06:02 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,127,051 times
https://www.imba.com/news/rey-macaskill-imba-summit

Those are big names!

Old 04-16-2016, 10:44 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,873,395 times
I'm not surprised. I've heard The Womble is supposed to be one of the best networks in the country. I never did get down there to ride it when I lived in KC, though I did have several opportunities to go. Wish I would have.

Old 04-16-2016, 10:51 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,873,395 times
Quote:
No. That's like saying Slash, the lead guitarist of Guns N' Roses is the same as Antonio Vivaldi. Both may be musicians and song writers/composers, but that's where it ends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers