Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 02:24 PM

2 posts, read 22,159 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving to the Rogers area in July. We plan on moving to Bentonville. We have three children, two school age. It seems from my research online that Bentonville has strong academics, that is why are search has led us in that direction. We will visit again in a few weeks to find a place to live.

I was looking for any information about what parts of Bentonville are more desirable. We plan on renting for a year before we buy, but we don't want to move our kids twice, so we need to rent in the area we plan on buying.

Any info at all would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2007, 04:47 PM

8 posts, read 44,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher37 View Post
My family and I are moving to the Rogers area in July. We plan on moving to Bentonville. We have three children, two school age. It seems from my research online that Bentonville has strong academics, that is why are search has led us in that direction. We will visit again in a few weeks to find a place to live.

I was looking for any information about what parts of Bentonville are more desirable. We plan on renting for a year before we buy, but we don't want to move our kids twice, so we need to rent in the area we plan on buying.

Any info at all would be greatly appreciated!

Either Bentonville , Springdale or Rogers have Top Flight Schools . Newer Neighborhoods and Schools are West of I 540 in each of those districts . Lots of nice properties for lease throughout the region . I love it here after living on both East and West Coasts . I think its a great place to raise a family .

sully

Old 05-14-2007, 04:00 PM

93 posts, read 418,033 times
All the schools are 'top notch', however they all have gang issues so to me, that makes them all the same.

Most of the houses west of 540 seem to be over $200K (with many being over $500K).

Bella Vista seems to offer a little better atmosphere, as most of those gang members are in the 50+ age range :-)

If you have any specifics about the area, feel free to PM or e-mail me.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:40 AM

155 posts, read 662,514 times
I doubt Bentonville has any real "gang" issues, other than some wannabe's.

Old 05-22-2007, 03:50 PM

20 posts, read 131,645 times
Default Bentonville

We moved to Bentoville from Tennessee three months ago for my job, and really it's not that bad at all. Bentonville schools are great and although the locals complain about the traffic and rush hour, it's nothing compared to Atlanta or Denver or LA. We did much research on line before our housing search began and found the neighborhoods we liked the most in Bentonville or southwest Rogers. We have two school aged kids and our neighborhood now (Lochmoor Club) is packed with kids their age as well as some great neighbors. It's a very big melting pot of people, because many of the residents here now have moved from other parts of the country to call on or work for Wal-Mart. They don't necessarily represent what some folks stereotype as typical Arkansas points of view or beliefs. You'll find too that some neighborhoods in Rogers, west of 540, actually feed into Bentonville schools. Good luck with the search.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:57 AM

13 posts, read 56,995 times
Gang's in Bentonville? Maybe some wanna be's. very few. There are several top rated schools in Bentonville and Rogers. It's a very diverse culture and I think most people here enjoy that, we seem to co-exist peacefully. It's a growing area. There are homes in every price range, even west of I 540. Visit soon. Good luck in your search.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:40 PM

2 posts, read 22,159 times
Thanks! for your advise. We found a home to rent for the first year. We did look at Lochmoor Club! We might find our way back there when we purchase. We tried to rent the model but the owners were out of town and did not get back to us in time! l thought the area was really scenic with the trees and hills, one of my children will go to Old High Middle School. Any thoughts on that school?? I know it gets good scores...

Thanks again to all those who replied, we will see you soon in AR, my husband is opening a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse at Pinnacle Hills next to the Embassy Suites, it should be open in November. I hope you all like Steak!

Old 06-07-2007, 06:43 AM

13 posts, read 56,995 times
Welcome to Arkansas! We love a good steak. Excellent location. I hope your children enjoy the new school. Let me know how things are going for you.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:30 PM

8 posts, read 40,824 times
I grew up in Pine Bluff (South East Arkansas) and the gang problems are much worse there than in NWA, but still not as bad as much larger cities. I love living in Bentonville and I feel like my children are getting a good education and that we can go pretty much anywhere without fear of becoming victims of some sort of crime. There are no real "bad parts" of any of the towns here. There certainly are poor neighborhoods, but the people are not bad people, in general.

When we first moved here, we used my wife's business address to get my daughter in the school we wanted until we found more permanent residence. Like most of the local population, the schools are dealing with so much change that your area could be rezoned and your child may have to change schools no matter what you do...

Old 08-11-2007, 09:44 AM

2 posts, read 15,556 times
I have read all the glowing reviews regarding schools/children. For a career move with Wal-mart I am considering relocating to the area; however, I am divorced w/no kids- so what kind of life is it for me in Bentonville, AR.
How far will I need to travel to enjoy a big city life (arts, museums, excellent dining, concerts, etc).

Please advise.

Thank you in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers