Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 07:34 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,236,989 times

Advertisements

I've noticed over the last week that traffic has been getting much worse everywhere.

Both during rush hour and off hours.

did a bunch of people suddenly move here in the same week?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 07:57 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,123,461 times
I was thinking the same thing driving down College Ave in Fayetteville this evening. It has gotten noticeably worse the past few years.

Old 12-09-2015, 03:28 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,978,189 times
Yeah, it's near Christmas and just after Thanks Giving...

Old 12-09-2015, 05:15 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,542,687 times
I wonder why it is worse right now? Our weather is beautiful, too warm almost, for the holiday season, but maybe it is just so many people out shopping. We haven't left BV for a few days, today we are going to go to lunch in Bentonville with a group we belong to and then do the fish store, Sam's and Aldi's shopping. I will let everyone know if it is worse than usual up in the north part of the area.

Old 12-11-2015, 01:55 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,335,770 times
When will that freeway work be done? Will the road they are building around Bella Vista going up through Garrett help?

Old 12-11-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
When will that freeway work be done? Will the road they are building around Bella Vista going up through Garrett help?
I doubt the Bella Vista bypass will be finished in my lifetime. what is open really goes almost nowhere right now.

Old 12-11-2015, 06:41 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,804,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I doubt the Bella Vista bypass will be finished in my lifetime. what is open really goes almost nowhere right now.
MO was waiting on AR to build and had the funds. AR took too long to start the project, so MO spent the funds elsewhere ( a long time ago) MO will have to come up with it., to be completed. AR was the one that dropped the ball and I am certainly not a huge fan of MO, even though we're kin. Certain parts of MO are okay and some actually rock, and some are certainly- top of the line, like anywhere else.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:44 PM

9 posts, read 12,696 times
North College traffic is being affected by that new traffic light installed by the Whole Foods store. Some tweaking needs to be done there by the city traffic department! Also there is just more traffic with holiday shopping going on. UA students will leave after next week. That should help things.

Old 12-12-2015, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
MO was waiting on AR to build and had the funds. AR took too long to start the project, so MO spent the funds elsewhere ( a long time ago) MO will have to come up with it., to be completed. AR was the one that dropped the ball and I am certainly not a huge fan of MO, even though we're kin. Certain parts of MO are okay and some actually rock, and some are certainly- top of the line, like anywhere else.
Yes, this all happened shortly after we moved here about 8 years ago. What a shame because there is nothing as frustrating for many as being o 49, nice highway even if it gets a little congested, then to suddenly be on 71 with stop lights for about 10 miles, just to be back on the highway when you enter Mo. or shortly after.

Old 12-12-2015, 09:56 AM

971 posts, read 1,450,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Yes, this all happened shortly after we moved here about 8 years ago. What a shame because there is nothing as frustrating for many as being o 49, nice highway even if it gets a little congested, then to suddenly be on 71 with stop lights for about 10 miles, just to be back on the highway when you enter Mo. or shortly after.
Strange Nita, 71 didn't seem congested 6 years ago when I came up from visiting Mena. It was fall and the colors were outstanding.

I used to live with my gmother in Carthage when 71 went thru Carthage past her house on Garrison. Her house was so old the semi's would rattle the glass in the window frames. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers