Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 07:11 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekcmo View Post
oh, one other thing, what is Georges?

Where Live Music Lives Georges Majestic Lounge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 11:10 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
When we vacation in Eureka Springs, we stay in a VRBO guest house operated by a older gay couple who have a business on the site. They moved there several years ago from Santa Fe NM, and they talk often about how though they miss the arts scene in SF, they love NWA and it's the best move they ever made.

(If you're traveling near Eureka Springs and want to check them out, their businesses and rental go by the name "out on main")

Old 02-24-2016, 06:55 PM

639 posts, read 766,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
When we vacation in Eureka Springs, we stay in a VRBO guest house operated by a older gay couple who have a business on the site. They moved there several years ago from Santa Fe NM, and they talk often about how though they miss the arts scene in SF, they love NWA and it's the best move they ever made.

(If you're traveling near Eureka Springs and want to check them out, their businesses and rental go by the name "out on main")
Sounds good, since we lived in ABQ and visited Santa Fe often. Does anyone have any gay realtors they can recommend?

Old 03-02-2019, 02:21 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,507,394 times
Helpful thread. I'm 58 and my grandparents are from Van Buren County. Kind of have the bug to maybe retire in the Ozarks in about five years, but being gay and coming from Northern California I didn't want to end up in a hostile place. I'm not at all obvious - most don't know I'm gay unless I tell them, but regardless it shouldn't matter. Eureka Springs looks really interesting - reminds me of the Gold Rush towns here. Even if its accepting I don't want to be socially isolated. Is there a fairly large LGBT community in NW AR?

Old 03-03-2019, 06:18 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
Helpful thread. I'm 58 and my grandparents are from Van Buren County. Kind of have the bug to maybe retire in the Ozarks in about five years, but being gay and coming from Northern California I didn't want to end up in a hostile place. I'm not at all obvious - most don't know I'm gay unless I tell them, but regardless it shouldn't matter. Eureka Springs looks really interesting - reminds me of the Gold Rush towns here. Even if its accepting I don't want to be socially isolated. Is there a fairly large LGBT community in NW AR?
not a particular "LGBT" community but certainly there are many living in NWA. We just had a friend pass away a few moths ago. She did not hide her sexuality and if you had doubts to whether she and her partner were accepted all you had to do was attend the celebration of life given for her. It was packed. I will, add, knowing a little about No. CA, living in CA for 40 years and my dad lived in Paradise, I can say, no, you will not find anywhere near the gay community here as you do in CA. But you will not be shunned either. If you have outside interests and you pursue them you will be fine. Let me also add, NWA, from Fayetteville no and also Eureka Springs will be much more open and accepting than say, Van Buren. Van Buren is still pretty much Bible Belt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers