Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2006, 12:47 PM

124 posts, read 461,917 times

Advertisements

Hey all - My husband is interviewing at numerous companies around the country and one of the jobs he's looking at is in Springdale. I've been doing alot of reading on these forums and looking at the city's websites and it seems like a neat area! I guess my question is, having never been there before, which area do you prefer and why? Any other nice areas around springdale that I'm missing?

I'm not sure this is even possible in this area, but one thing I would particularly love would be to have a home within walking distance to some shops or at least a park. Where we live now, I need a car to do anything. If we took this position, we'd also be looking forward to doing alot of outdoor things and I'm not sure if one area is better for that than another. In looking at the two areas, I've been leaning towards Fayetteville just because it seems a little more "happening" but I know alot of the people who my husband would be working with live in Rogers. Thoughts? Opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2006, 10:12 PM

564 posts, read 2,342,030 times
The whole area of Rogers-Springdale-Fayetteville-Bentonville is just one big area now. One town isn't really going to be better than another, although Rogers has that Pinnacle Promenade thing now.

Old 11-27-2006, 12:04 PM

113 posts, read 570,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertheironsea View Post
The whole area of Rogers-Springdale-Fayetteville-Bentonville is just one big area now. One town isn't really going to be better than another, although Rogers has that Pinnacle Promenade thing now.
Diddo on what the previous poster said. Fayetteville is the "college town" and Rogers is the "family town". At least that was the destinction a few years back. The whole area is one large metro now and will surpass the Little Rock metro in population in the next 15 years.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:38 PM
k8m

7 posts, read 43,988 times
If you want to walk to parks, I would recommend Fayetteville. It has something like 40 city parks, and walking trails around, too. You'll definitely need a car to tool around in Spgdl and Rogers.

Old 02-09-2023, 11:46 AM

744 posts, read 1,847,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woopig_sooie View Post
Diddo on what the previous poster said. Fayetteville is the "college town" and Rogers is the "family town". At least that was the destinction a few years back. The whole area is one large metro now and will surpass the Little Rock metro in population in the next 15 years.
Well, that last part didn’t quite pan out in the 17 years since your post was made, as NWA still hasn’t surpassed Central Arkansas, but it isn’t too far behind either. According to the latest census figures the NWA MSA population is 560,709 while Central Arkansas’s MSA is 748,031. Fayetteville has now surpassed Fort Smith as the second largest city in the state and is fast approaching the 100,000 mark (if it hasn’t reached it already). Springdale, Rogers, and Bentonville are not far behind. Springdale is the size Fort Smith was a decade ago, and is the fourth largest city in the state. Rogers is now more populous than North Little Rock, and Bentonville is not far behind. When I first moved up here in 1995, Fort Smith was the second largest city in the state and had a larger metro population than NWA. Adams Field was the commercial airport for NWA. I-49 wasn’t an interstate highway but was entirely US71. The freeway from I-40 to Fayetteville was only at the beginning stages of construction and the only way to get from Alma to Fayetteville was the two lane 71 highway that could be dangerous in many parts because it went on top of the mountains rather than through them, and there were no tunnels.

Yes I know I responded to an old post, but I think it’s fun to show how much NWA has changed since rather than starting a whole new thread.

Old 02-09-2023, 12:22 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,448,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Yes I know I responded to an old post, but I think it’s fun to show how much NWA has changed since rather than starting a whole new thread.
Good post. You knew you were responding to an old thread and you had a legitimate and compelling reason to do so. Interesting stats - nice job.

Old 04-30-2023, 05:04 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Well, that last part didn’t quite pan out in the 17 years since your post was made, as NWA still hasn’t surpassed Central Arkansas, but it isn’t too far behind either. According to the latest census figures the NWA MSA population is 560,709 while Central Arkansas’s MSA is 748,031. Fayetteville has now surpassed Fort Smith as the second largest city in the state and is fast approaching the 100,000 mark (if it hasn’t reached it already). Springdale, Rogers, and Bentonville are not far behind. Springdale is the size Fort Smith was a decade ago, and is the fourth largest city in the state. Rogers is now more populous than North Little Rock, and Bentonville is not far behind. When I first moved up here in 1995, Fort Smith was the second largest city in the state and had a larger metro population than NWA. Adams Field was the commercial airport for NWA. I-49 wasn’t an interstate highway but was entirely US71. The freeway from I-40 to Fayetteville was only at the beginning stages of construction and the only way to get from Alma to Fayetteville was the two lane 71 highway that could be dangerous in many parts because it went on top of the mountains rather than through them, and there were no tunnels.

I'm glad you revived this old post. I'm just getting home from a road trip that took me through NWA on the way to/from Kansas City for an event. Although I don't live there, my destination was from southern Arkansas. Not having been through NWA and I'd never heard much about it on travel sites, I was curious as to how the area would look.

Well, all stereotypes of Arkansas have been tossed right out the window. I was extremely impressed with the beauty of the mountains and lush greenery. Also I loved the progressive vibe of NWA. Very nice towns/small cities/suburbs - I'm not sure which term best describes the area. The entire area that I saw along I-40 & I-49 is a gem.

I'll add it to my summer travel list to happen sooner or later. Hopefully, it won't get ruined with too many transplants moving in and inadvertently turning the economy upside down and causing the locals to be outpriced/unable to afford living in their own hometowns.

Old Today, 02:42 PM

10 posts, read 2,862 times
New to the forum we moved here from Chicago area 2 years ago. We love it. The one thing not mentioned is the bike trails. The area is super biker friendly and if you ride mountain bike trails you will be very happy. We live in Rogers and there's a paved bike trail if I wanted I could bike most places but I drive getting around is easy traffic is rare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers