Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 05:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times

Advertisements

Hubby and I were out for about 5 hours yesterday and here is what we did and why we love the variety of our region.

Started our morning, leaving here about 7:45am and headed to the farmers market to see what fresh produce we would find. We got tomatoes, green beans and the very last of this year's baby carrots.

From there it was off to our favorite true Hole in the Wall restaurant where we enjoyed a cheap but yummy breakfast just watchin and listening to the others eating there or just drinking coffee. We watched the guys walk in wearing either a Razorback shirt or a shirts with some wonderful American slogans on them. Things like "freedom isn't free" We listened to guys and some gals talking about going cat fishing the night before and what they did or didn't catch or the waitress discussing her last fishing trip where she caught 3 huge Bass. Others were talking about Mable's broken arm or someone's new knee. This is truly "small town, USA"

From there it was on the road, driving about 20 minutes to Fresh Market to buy some specialty products ad a couple of steaks. There we saw the upper mobile, ethnically diverse shoppers. I doubt they would be seen eating breakfast in Gravette. Though very different than our earlier days events, a lot of people shopping knew each other. People are friendly here.

From the shopping center we headed to the fresh fish market, where all the fish are flown in a couple of times a week and then we drove through downtown Bentonville, where entire families were enjoying the city square and the large farmers market. We choose not to stop, just headed back to recycling and on to buy some wine. From there we headed to our favorite farm over the border into MO. where we bought our cukes for making pickles in a couple of days.

Later, while enjoying a glass of wine, and watching all the beautiful birds we talked about just how lucky we are. In a period of about 5 hours we had driven through farmlands, watching cattle taking a dip in a cool pond, we had visited a small farmers market where everyone knew everyone else, had breakfast and listened to people enjoying each other, shopped at a very upscale shopping center, and drove along the country roads watching the deer by the side of the road and enjoying the miles and miles of beautiful greenery and shady trees. We had the car radio on most of the time, listening to any music we wanted; we got the good old country and western music, the more modern country and western, the music from the 60s, 70s and 80s and when we had heard enough we listened to NPR.

We have lived all over this country, but never, have we lived anywhere that offers such a diverse experience, all within about 45 minutes from one spot to another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 11:34 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,244,394 times
thanks Nita, That's a great summary of life here!

Old 07-24-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
thanks Nita, That's a great summary of life here!
and in a few more weeks, we can walk into any mom and pop restaurant and hear talk about the Razorbacks.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:01 PM

9 posts, read 12,563 times
Nice!!! There is a small local place to eat in Pea Ridge, They have a large fanciful metal Chicken out front...
Next time you are cruising, check it out...On Lee Town rd., just west of 94.
And yea, I saw some Older good 'ol boys in there.

Old 07-25-2016, 12:03 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,440,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and in a few more weeks, we can walk into any mom and pop restaurant and hear talk about the Razorbacks.
I'm a huge football fan and have adopted the Razorbacks. We fell in love with all of Arkansas, including them. I already have tons of Razorbacks gear I've picked up from the University Book Store in Fayetteville, Hogman's Game Day in Hot Springs, The Razorback Gift Shop in Eureka Springs, as well as stuff from various convenience stores and travel stops. Woo Pig!

Great post, Nita.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:46 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,746,947 times
Aw gee, Nita...they said I had to spread the love....couldn't rep you for this one.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
I'm a huge football fan and have adopted the Razorbacks. We fell in love with all of Arkansas, including them. I already have tons of Razorbacks gear I've picked up from the University Book Store in Fayetteville, Hogman's Game Day in Hot Springs, The Razorback Gift Shop in Eureka Springs, as well as stuff from various convenience stores and travel stops. Woo Pig!

Great post, Nita.
now that is what I love to hear, and yes, the Hogs mania is almost to exciting to believe. Maybe it is because we have no pro football, I don't know but it fun to watch.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Aw gee, Nita...they said I had to spread the love....couldn't rep you for this one.
thanks; I know this happens all to often, but I understand. Just remember to love the Hogs.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:12 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,746,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
thanks; I know this happens all to often, but I understand. Just remember to love the Hogs.
Sorry, Nita...I despise football.

But if I were going to pull for a college team, it would be the Razorbacks.

[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

Old 07-28-2016, 12:09 PM

143 posts, read 192,778 times
Love this post! I love NWA !! Glad you enjoy it so much too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers