Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 03:59 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,328,918 times

Advertisements

I have been in real estate for over 20 years, licensed in 2 states and have never seen so many backyard trampolines as in NWA. Been looking at listings online and it seems every other house has one.

Is it possible because there are less pools that trampolines are the kids backyard entertainment instead of a pool?

It would be really weird to relocate, buy a house and then go outside in the backyard to a bunch of bobbing heads over the fence lines
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 07:25 PM

163 posts, read 130,100 times
What other states? Because I am originally from North Carolina and everybody either had a trampoline or wanted one growing up. It might be a southern thing. I was unaware they were not wildly popular anywhere children are found.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:35 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,328,918 times
California and Nevada mostly but have looked at online listings in South and North Carolina, Louisiana and Alabama and NW Arkansas has the most. BTW I grew up in St Louis and one of my friends had one.

Another thing I have noticed when looking at Bentonville and Rogers homes for sale, is that there are a lot that are really furnished nicely. I am talking nice furniture and wall decor, and some of the finish work the home builders do is amazing. Crown molding in a lot of rooms and craftsman style trim around doors and windows with nice cabinetry and either granite or quartz counters. Very impressive.

Old 11-17-2016, 04:25 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,447,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytrix View Post
I have been in real estate for over 20 years, licensed in 2 states and have never seen so many backyard trampolines as in NWA.
Come on down to the DFW Metroplex.....the UNDISPUTED backyard trampoline capital of the world. It's almost as if they're included on the houses blueprint here.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:47 AM

4,001 posts, read 3,264,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardo View Post
What other states? Because I am originally from North Carolina and everybody either had a trampoline or wanted one growing up. It might be a southern thing. I was unaware they were not wildly popular anywhere children are found.
Naw, I grew up in Idaho and lots of people (including us) had one. Then again, people have called Idaho the south in the north, so maybe it is a southern thing.

Old 11-17-2016, 09:50 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
Sorry to intrude, I just noticed this while skimming down to my State. When we lived in California, no one had trampolines. Two reasons: 1. yards are tiny. If you could fit a trampoline, it would be 80% of your yard. 2. People carry on endlessly about how dangerous they are and many parents say they would not even allow their kids to visit a house that had a trampoline.

In Michigan, it seems like most people with kids eventually get one. They are cheap - about $300 or so on sale I think. Lots of used ones around too. They take no real care and kids love them. Even my now adult kids, when they visit and their friends come over, they all go outside and sit on the trampoline. Not sure why. They don't jump, it just makes a place to sit and talk.

They are not as common as pools (many people have both), but they are pretty common. A lot of people have big inflatable trampolines they pull out into the water and anchor. Then the kids can bounce up and land in the water.

Why does it matter for real estate purposes? They cost little, have no value and take only an hour or so to install or remove.

Old 11-17-2016, 10:09 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
We live in Oxnard California on the coast between Santa Barbara and Malibu, maybe 50 or so miles North West of Los Angeles and the first thing we put in the back yard was a trampoline. Yes we have a small back yard, 25 feet back and 60 feet across. We have the same one in the image:

When the kids were smaller they were in it all the time. Now only from time to time. I am betting in a few years it will be down. Planning on putting in a small pool and Jacuzzi.

Old 11-17-2016, 12:00 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,736,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytrix View Post
I have been in real estate for over 20 years, licensed in 2 states and have never seen so many backyard trampolines as in NWA. Been looking at listings online and it seems every other house has one.

Is it possible because there are less pools that trampolines are the kids backyard entertainment instead of a pool?

It would be really weird to relocate, buy a house and then go outside in the backyard to a bunch of bobbing heads over the fence lines
hahaha this totally caught my eye! we moved from san diego to sw missouri back in 2001 and thought the EXACT same thing! what is the deal?!! it's a hot market out there for trampolines

Old 11-17-2016, 12:09 PM

633 posts, read 581,626 times
I have one, got it Toys R us. I also have a 21 foot round above ground pool. My yard is 60 feet wife so between the 21 wide pool and ten feet wide trampoline it takes up the whole yard.

Reminds me of the old joke boy is over at the neighbors house and Dad came home punches him and throws him out of house. He gets home and his Dad goes what happened and the kid mumbles neighbor went crazy when he caught me bouncing on the trampoline.

Dad goes he hits you for Bouncing on a Trampoline? No he caught me bouncing on his daughter the tramp Eileen.

Old 11-17-2016, 01:42 PM

163 posts, read 130,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
We live in Oxnard California on the coast between Santa Barbara and Malibu, maybe 50 or so miles North West of Los Angeles and the first thing we put in the back yard was a trampoline. Yes we have a small back yard, 25 feet back and 60 feet across. We have the same one in the image:

When the kids were smaller they were in it all the time. Now only from time to time. I am betting in a few years it will be down. Planning on putting in a small pool and Jacuzzi.
I've never seen one with a net before except in stores honestly. When I was a kid we would jump off the trampoline onto things haha. My cousin broke his arm jumping from roof onto the trampoline than into the pool when he was 10. He made it to the trampoline, but not quite the pool haha. Soon as he healed up we were all jumping from that same tree onto the trampoline again. We would also fight and body slam each other on the trampoline, sometimes our parents would wrestle and slam us on it too. I guess southern parents just don't give a darn, haha my uncle would always get drunk and go jump on the trampoline while still drinking his beer and smoke on it too and fight and wrestle all of us with one hand, without spilling his beer. NO JOKE. That man was a god to me at 10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
View detailed profiles of: