Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 05:42 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,234,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
I don't think Sam's is doing very well. The bentonville and springdale ones are much nicer than any of the other ones in the country and they are supposed to be a model for future stores but I don't think there's any money to upgrade existing stores.
Actually the one on the Bentonville/Rogers boarder which I think is the one you are referring to, on Hudson rd was remodeled a few years ago and is always packed with people. When we were still in NM the one we used most of the time in ABQ was very nice as well, not as updated. The only place we have ever visited a Sam's club that wasn't up to par in my view was the one in Lewisville, Tx. I imagine it too, has been updated since we were last there about 10 or so years ago. I could be wrong, but I don't think they are having any problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 01:49 PM

3,368 posts, read 1,590,844 times
45 for Rogers ? Interesting, I know several there who would welcome a rise in housing prices.

Also, I recall the sams club in Lewisville tx to be decent, perhaps in remembering it wrong.

Old 10-09-2017, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
45 for Rogers ? Interesting, I know several there who would welcome a rise in housing prices.

Also, I recall the sams club in Lewisville tx to be decent, perhaps in remembering it wrong.
It may have been decent, but it wasn't anywhere near as nice as the many newer ones. Every time we go into a newer one I think about the one in Lewisville. I guess I have gotten spoiled. The 2 we had in ABQ and all here are 100% better, so was the one in Southlake, Tx

Old 10-09-2017, 10:46 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,480,815 times
We saw a lack of Costco as one of the few drawbacks to relocating to NWA. In Texas we lived 10 minutes from a Costco and shopped there at least weekly.

Our memories of Sam's were decades old. Sam's wasn't on our radar for a good shopping experience. So after moving to NWA, it took several months before we ventured into our local Fayetteville Sam's.
We were very pleasantly surprised. It's not Costco but it's close enough for us. Every time we go there we get a kick out of how they've exactly copied Costco's layout.
We'll always miss Costco's wines, canned salmon, and deli chicken. All but the last, we can pick up when we go back to Texas.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
We saw a lack of Costco as one of the few drawbacks to relocating to NWA. In Texas we lived 10 minutes from a Costco and shopped there at least weekly.

Our memories of Sam's were decades old. Sam's wasn't on our radar for a good shopping experience. So after moving to NWA, it took several months before we ventured into our local Fayetteville Sam's.
We were very pleasantly surprised. It's not Costco but it's close enough for us. Every time we go there we get a kick out of how they've exactly copied Costco's layout.
We'll always miss Costco's wines, canned salmon, and deli chicken. All but the last, we can pick up when we go back to Texas.
might start seeing a better selection of wines at Sam's now that the laws have been changed and stores can sell wine not bottled in AR. I think the new law went into affect Oct 1st but maybe it hasn't yet.

Old 10-11-2017, 05:39 AM

7,885 posts, read 11,336,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post

I think Tulsa has a Costco, and is much closer than most of Texas to NWA. Not sure if they have wines and things you need to get in Texas however. But it is much closer if you have reason to go there too as you do Texas.

We too love Costco. Considering a move to NWA and this is a minor irritant to us lol. But we may need to come back to Texas or perhaps go to Tulsa for medical matters for my wife and can do as you do for Costco needs. We really like Costco's prepared food as a easy meal when we are not up to cooking or going out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers