Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2017, 08:43 PM

5 posts, read 7,199 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are looking to move to the area in about a year from the Upper Midwest. My parents moved to Rogers some time ago so we do visit the area a few times a year and have liked what we have seen.

In performing an initial search to see what the home stock is like, we have seen many options from Rausch Coleman for new construction. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with them and can provide feedback. The profile I have seen from BBB is promising, but if anyone has personal experience with them, that would be invaluable and appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 09:40 PM

11 posts, read 18,491 times
We closed on a brand new Rausch Coleman home 11 months ago. We were able to have the full experience of choosing the lot and floor plan we wanted. We were also able to select every option we wanted. The experience for us has been a great one. Construction from dirt pad to closing escrow took about 3.5 months and we were encouraged to visit the property at anytime during all phases of construction. I would rate it as an above average quality for a production track home. If you have any specific questions about our experience, I would be more than happy to answer them. Take care.

Old 02-10-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckman57 View Post
We closed on a brand new Rausch Coleman home 11 months ago. We were able to have the full experience of choosing the lot and floor plan we wanted. We were also able to select every option we wanted. The experience for us has been a great one. Construction from dirt pad to closing escrow took about 3.5 months and we were encouraged to visit the property at anytime during all phases of construction. I would rate it as an above average quality for a production track home. If you have any specific questions about our experience, I would be more than happy to answer them. Take care.
Thanks for the reply. Which options that they offer would you say ended up being the best selections? Are there any that you think might not be worth it?

Assuming that you have a mortgage, did you have to get a separate construction loan for them to build and then close on a separate mortgage once it was completed?

Old 02-14-2017, 06:14 PM

11 posts, read 18,491 times
The main options we selected were covered 12x16 patio, raised tray ceiling in the master, 9ft ceilings, crown molding throughout, natural gas as opposed to all electric, can lighting in the kitchen and wood window blinds throughout. There were other options as well like additional electrical outlets and all rooms braced and wired for ceiling fans. We didn't get hardwood flooring or granite counters because we just don't care for them but they had several to select from if we did. The most costly options were the natural gas and covered patio, 3500 and 5500 respectively. The wood window blinds were about 1000 and we could have saved some money doing it ourselves but chose to splurge. At the time we locked the home it, we qualified for our mortgage and then as we got about 1.5 months away from the estimated closing date, we locked in our rate and the mortgage closed on schedule. other than the waiting period between signing the intent to buy and locking in the rate, the mortgage process was similar to other homes we have purchased. I am fortunate to be a veteran so no money out of pocket on the loan and we don't have to pay any PMI. The other thing we were surprised with was that the entire from and back yards were landscaped. We would have no reservations if any of our friends or family were thinking of buying with this builder.

Old 04-24-2018, 10:56 AM

so as an update here, we are under contract on a RC home in Bentonville and close in the 1st half of summer. We will probably be actually moving in around the 4th of July. Things are progressing nicely with the house and we are excited to move to the area. We loved being able to choose the options. There were enough options to be able to put our personal touch on the home, but not so many where we were overwhelmed.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe; 04-24-2018 at 11:08 AM..

Old 04-24-2018, 12:37 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,328,184 times
Congrats

Old 04-24-2018, 08:47 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,246,104 times
I went to look at a lower priced Rausch home in Lowell over the weekend since we're looking at downsizing with another kid going off to college.

My wife spoke to an acquaintance who lives in in the neighborhood and she said they have a very attractive pricing when you don't do the upgrades, but looking back she wishes she took some of the upgrades.

My only concern is that the homes are closer together and I worry about noisy parties and congested streets. otherwise, what we've seen looks like a pretty good value.

Old 05-30-2018, 02:19 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,282,594 times
I graduated high school with the owner of Rausch Coleman Homes, which is John Rausch. While in high school, he was spending the weekends with his grandfather learning the business, while every other high school kid was off doing high school kid things. They mostly build spec, but as one poster mentioned, you can upgrade that spec to feel a little more like a custom. They have their costing down to a science, I assume, which allows them to hit the price point that's most attractive to their customer base.

I've yet to hear a complaint about their homes and have known a few people who have lived in them myself. Bentonville is a happening area right now, so land cost are pricey, along with the cost of lumber going up due to tariffs. That combined with Wal-Mart moving many of its vendors to the area has increased home prices as well.

I love the NWA and there's a lot of great things happening in the area. Congrats on your soon to be new home and I hope you enjoy NWA as much as I have and other people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers