Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 08:38 AM

68 posts, read 58,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I tend to think the bottom line is that it's up to the person moving to determine the criteria that drives where they choose to move. The original poster's criteria was perfectly valid.
I totally agree. People move for many reasons and the poster's reasons are valid. I'm sure some of the comments on this page have dissuaded her from considering this region, so really, it seems like this topic is dead.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:15 AM

24 posts, read 26,287 times
OP, take a look at the Ashland/Medford Oregon area. It's a possibillity if you remove the 80 degree max part of your list. What about Prescott Valley in Arizona? Branson Mo might work, too. Good luck, I hope to try my luck in NWA, going to post my own thread in a bit.

Old 08-24-2018, 10:00 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,443,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiaMarieB View Post
I totally agree. People move for many reasons and the poster's reasons are valid. I'm sure some of the comments on this page have dissuaded her from considering this region, so really, it seems like this topic is dead.
If she really wanted to be in NWA she wouldn’t give a rip what a bunch of anonymous strangers said in an internet forum. Anyone who gets dissuaded from moving somewhere because of that has bigger issues to tackle and is likely just acting out their daydreams online to begin with.

This is a prime example of how impersonal our world has become. “Someone 1,000 miles away from me that I don’t know and will never meet hurt my feelings in a computer forum so I’m not going there.”

Old 08-25-2018, 05:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
If she really wanted to be in NWA she wouldn’t give a rip what a bunch of anonymous strangers said in an internet forum. Anyone who gets dissuaded from moving somewhere because of that has bigger issues to tackle and is likely just acting out their daydreams online to begin with.

This is a prime example of how impersonal our world has become. “Someone 1,000 miles away from me that I don’t know and will never meet hurt my feelings in a computer forum so I’m not going there.”
great post: can't rep you again until I spread it around.

Old 08-25-2018, 07:31 AM

68 posts, read 58,922 times
Quote:

I don't think this is what happened. Someone who was interested in moving to this area was getting perspective of what the area was like. We haven't heard back from OP about whether they wanted to move here, thus, why I stated the thread is likely dead.

Old 08-25-2018, 07:55 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,246,104 times
OP said NWA was not worth her time

Old 08-25-2018, 09:15 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,443,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiaMarieB View Post
I don't think this is what happened. We haven't heard back from OP about whether they wanted to move here, thus, why I stated the thread is likely dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenleex View Post
NWA will be off my list anyway.
Tia, can you read? Thanks for your expertise, I think we can let it go now.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:26 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Quote:
Tia, can you read? Thanks for your expertise, I think we can let it go now.
That's uncalled for. The OP asked for input from people who live in NWA, regarding criteria that was important to her. YOU don't even live in Arkansas, but felt the need to criticize her criteria. She is entitled to put value on whatever she wants. And her criteria was entirely valid. Just as your criteria was entirely valid when you chose to move somewhere else. Tia was agreeing with me, and your response to her was out of line.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
That's uncalled for. The OP asked for input from people who live in NWA, regarding criteria that was important to her. YOU don't even live in Arkansas, but felt the need to criticize her criteria. She is entitled to put value on whatever she wants. And her criteria was entirely valid. Just as your criteria was entirely valid when you chose to move somewhere else. Tia was agreeing with me, and your response to her was out of line.
agree maybe he went a little over the top, but as for your saying his criteria was valid when he choose to move somewhere else, if you remember right his reason was the availability of work in his field at a salary he could support his family on I believe. that is different from the Ops reasoning for choosing a place.

Old 08-27-2018, 09:07 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
agree maybe he went a little over the top, but as for your saying his criteria was valid when he choose to move somewhere else, if you remember right his reason was the availability of work in his field at a salary he could support his family on I believe. that is different from the Ops reasoning for choosing a place.
It is different. It's not invalid because it's different. IT IS EVERY BIT AS VALID. And it's not dissimilar. Both were parents looking out for their children, wanting what was best for their children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers