Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 08:36 AM

5,342 posts, read 6,168,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
I got to see every Chiefs game last year, but this year it appears only the Cowboys and Saints games are showing. Is there any rhyme or reason to what games the local stations decide to show in NWA?
It's dependent on the conference of the home team and whether or not the team is playing on Thursday/Sunday Night or Monday Night.

Chiefs are AFC and CBS has broadcasting rights, Cowboys are NFC and Fox has broadcasting rights. To my knowledge so far this year every Chiefs game has aired on CBS (edit was in Tampa when they played Oakland, so can't confirm that), but if they travel to an NFC team (like Detroit this weekend) CBS loses broadcasting rights and Fox gets it. This weekend the Cowboys play the Saints on Sunday night, so the Chiefs will get the noon game on Fox, but to my knowledge Dallas supersedes KC when it comes to broadcasting preference, so if the Chiefs played at noon this weekend against Detroit and the Cowboys against New Orleans we wouldn't get the Chiefs game, we'd get the Cowboys instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 03:25 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,556,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzourah2006 View Post
It's dependent on the conference of the home team and whether or not the team is playing on Thursday/Sunday Night or Monday Night.

Chiefs are AFC and CBS has broadcasting rights, Cowboys are NFC and Fox has broadcasting rights. To my knowledge so far this year every Chiefs game has aired on CBS (edit was in Tampa when they played Oakland, so can't confirm that), but if they travel to an NFC team (like Detroit this weekend) CBS loses broadcasting rights and Fox gets it. This weekend the Cowboys play the Saints on Sunday night, so the Chiefs will get the noon game on Fox, but to my knowledge Dallas supersedes KC when it comes to broadcasting preference, so if the Chiefs played at noon this weekend against Detroit and the Cowboys against New Orleans we wouldn't get the Chiefs game, we'd get the Cowboys instead.
Last year I think only 1 game didn't air, this year the 1st and 3rd games aired and they are scheduled to be aired Sunday. I think it will be like last year and I get to follow a team I like - which is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers