Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 01:52 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,555,546 times

Advertisements

BV real estate market is hot, so it doesn't look like this is effecting housing prices at least yet. There are a few houses for sale a stones throw from the fire and a couple that are pending, don't sellers have to disclose something like this? wtf would buy a house a block or two away from this thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2019, 03:40 PM

1,264 posts, read 666,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
BV real estate market is hot, so it doesn't look like this is effecting housing prices at least yet. There are a few houses for sale a stones throw from the fire and a couple that are pending, don't sellers have to disclose something like this? wtf would buy a house a block or two away from this thing?
That's good news for the owners that values are holding steady! I don't think an owner would have to declare something not on their property, but not certain. As for who would buy so very close right now? P.T. Barnum's most famous quote about a sucker born every minute comes to mind!

Old 02-18-2019, 09:32 AM

656 posts, read 1,991,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellacatahoula View Post
That's good news for the owners that values are holding steady! I don't think an owner would have to declare something not on their property, but not certain. As for who would buy so very close right now? P.T. Barnum's most famous quote about a sucker born every minute comes to mind!
My husband and I have been watching the status of this fire from several states away and have decided to delay our search for a home in Bella Vista until there is more clarity on putting out this fire. It might not be a big deal to some who don't worry about this, but we certainly do.

Thank you to those who live in Bella Vista and have been so willing to share about this unfortunate fire.

Old 02-19-2019, 05:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Well no, this isn't happening by any measure. The surrounding metro area doesn't give a quack. But the state, which already on its knees, might have to grovel even more.
you are so right: the overall region isn't affected at all. In fact even the west side of BV isn't effected excep we fell sorry or any friends involved.

Old 02-19-2019, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellacatahoula View Post
My wife and I had been looking forward to visiting BV next month to get an in-person tour to see if BV is the place for us to plop down in our retirement. But I must admit, our enthusiasm about BV has dwindled considerably over the perceived lack of leadership by the POA. What little facts are known seem very fishy to us. In fact their silence is being heard very loudly. I would think ideally that a POA would be proactive and informative about a situation such as this to it's members. But alas, they are silent. One can only assume they have been lawyered up, and are advised to remain quiet. We have read that the first lawsuits against the POA and BV have been filed and I'm sure there will be many more. Our fear right now about moving forward on a possible purchase there is, what if BVPOA is found negligent or possibly worse? Would the property owners be liable for the mismanagement of the POA? Listen, we are from Illinois so we know how the innocent must foot the bill for the corrupt. No sharing of the profits, just sharing of the losses. Maybe we are a bit paranoid about this but we only get one retirement in life and we want to get it right. So, sadly we are beginning to look in other areas for our next home. We aren't ruling BV out of the running but it's not at the top of our list right now. We truly hope the best for everyone there especially the folks that live nearby and are affected the most! We will continue to follow this story as best we can.
Just wanted to say, Please don't blame the POA altogether by any means. There is a little more to this than the POA. There is a lot of blame to go around, but more than anything, the problem seemed to come from nowhere. Yes, someone or some agency should have realized the potential for damage, but it appears everyone had the heads in the sand.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:03 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,555,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Just wanted to say, Please don't blame the POA altogether by any means. There is a little more to this than the POA. There is a lot of blame to go around, but more than anything, the problem seemed to come from nowhere. Yes, someone or some agency should have realized the potential for damage, but it appears everyone had the heads in the sand.
He's not talking about the blame for the dump's contents (which imo is all the poa's fault) or the fire being started, he's talking about the lack of leadership and communication from the poa in response to the problem. It's been somewhere between nil and zero - pathetic.
So, how was the cruise?

Old 02-20-2019, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
He's not talking about the blame for the dump's contents (which imo is all the poa's fault) or the fire being started, he's talking about the lack of leadership and communication from the poa in response to the problem. It's been somewhere between nil and zero - pathetic.
So, how was the cruise?
I have no argument with you on this except the city, as well did almost nothing until it became a serious problem. Now, it is going to take months at least to correct the damage. I just do not think POA deserves are the blame.

The cruise was fantastic except we are getting a bit to old for all the airport hassle to get to the ships. If we do anymore cruising it will not be out of San Juan: we left the ship at 8:30 Sunday morning and got to ZNA at 9:30 Sunday night. There was a 2 hour time change; our body clock said it was 11:30. By the time we actually got home it was 10:30. It was like the days we would go to Europe, but those days also are long gone

Old 02-23-2019, 03:27 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,045,998 times
When you all type POA, do you mean "power of attorney"?

Old 02-23-2019, 05:53 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,566,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
When you all type POA, do you mean "power of attorney"?
POA= Property Owners Association

Old 03-01-2019, 08:52 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,445,611 times
Wheels in motion for cleanup to begin?

There will obviously still be a battle to see who has to repay this money, and also note the statement about property values declining, which had been a topic connected to this previously.

Do I read correctly than the money would be available on/around July 1 (fiscal 2020?) Better than nothing happening, yes?

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/...o-fight-dump-/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers