Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 10:37 AM

1,134 posts, read 3,189,270 times

Advertisements

Parts of bentonville are becoming outrageous. I'm just outside the square area where prices are back to reality. I can walk about 4 blocks west from my house passed J street and find a comparable house thats selling for 500k more than what mine is worth. Its crazy. By the time you get out to Centeron things get affordable again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2019, 10:45 PM

573 posts, read 585,464 times
I agree with Bentonville. It's richville. I've only been in Centerton for a week and a half, and we are quite pleased. The drive is a little farther for school and her work, but overall a nice quiet community.

Old 09-04-2019, 07:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveswater_outdoors View Post
I agree with Bentonville. It's richville. I've only been in Centerton for a week and a half, and we are quite pleased. The drive is a little farther for school and her work, but overall a nice quiet community.
This is so true, but remember anyone coming from CA will not be shocked with AR prices and the OP has visited here so hopefully she and hubby did some looking around or got the paper, so they have an idea what prices are like.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:25 AM

573 posts, read 585,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
This is so true, but remember anyone coming from CA will not be shocked with AR prices and the OP has visited here so hopefully she and hubby did some looking around or got the paper, so they have an idea what prices are like.
Very good point! It's only shocking to me because I've grown up in low cost of living areas my whole life. It's why California seems so insane to me!

Old 09-04-2019, 10:59 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,491,319 times
Very good point! It's only shocking to me because I've grown up in low cost of living areas my whole life. It's why California seems so insane to me!

California home prices are nuts and I hear Oregon prices are rising and I already know Seattle and western Washington's prices are out of control, too.

Old 09-05-2019, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

California home prices are nuts and I hear Oregon prices are rising and I already know Seattle and western Washington's prices are out of control, too.
Our foster daughter and her partner live in Portland: Their house, is relatively close to downtown but not right downtown. They have about 65 sq feet plus a basement and have 2 small bedrooms and 1 bath. We haven't seen it, but know others who have: not updated much, very old and yet it it worth around 1/2 mil so we have been told. Our niece lives about 15 miles north of L.A in a multi, lower middle class neighborhood The house was built during the post WW2 building boom and is a typical 3 bedroom, 2 bath tract home with almost no upgrades: as is, it is worth about 1/2 mil as well. They do have have new windows and just put in central air. Our foster daughter is planning on moving to NWA when they retire in about a year or so.

Old 09-05-2019, 04:28 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,491,319 times
I would get out of western Washington, Oregon and California and head to New Mexico or northwest Arkansas. We like NWA and I love Eureka Springs, Arkansas.

My wife and I love southern New Mexico and we're planning on retiring here. You can buy a lot more real estate here for your money. I love the sun but need to remember to put on sunblock before heading out in to the direct sun.

Old 09-06-2019, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
I would get out of western Washington, Oregon and California and head to New Mexico or northwest Arkansas. We like NWA and I love Eureka Springs, Arkansas.

My wife and I love southern New Mexico and we're planning on retiring here. You can buy a lot more real estate here for your money. I love the sun but need to remember to put on sunblock before heading out in to the direct sun.
Interesting, you plan on retiring in NM and we moved from there to NWA. We loved the weather and the scenery in NM but there were more negatives than positives us. We love NWA as most of you know by now.

I think we would have liked where you are a little better and had planned on looking there but there was some reason we marked it off our list. Now, I do not remember why. It has been over 20 years ago when we were first in the research mood.

Old 09-06-2019, 06:52 PM

170 posts, read 251,993 times
We have lived in New Mexico several times over the past 18 years mostly in the more rural Air Force base towns. We have family there. We love NM. We did try moving to Albuquerque last year and we came back in 90 days. It has gotten to be a very congested...very congested city...and the housing costs are nearly what they are in Sacramento but the houses are older and less updated. We couldn’t handle how urban it was. We are so so glad to be moving to NWA in a couple weeks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers