Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 08:54 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,553,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Some of what you suggest might be good or at least workable and the time may come when this will happen In fact it is probably a 50/50 shot it may happen in the nest 10 years. As for as bike trails of course we already have or are working on one and as for schools: well, that part is very iffy, seeing we cant even get a vote to build new schools when the land has been donated. This was tried about 5 years ago and failed miserably.

There is going to be another vote on the assessment next month which will eliminate any increase for owners of vacant land. The majority of No votes this past failure was by unimproved land owners. This will be interesting to watch.
Well, isn't this a crock of sh$t. So they can just put their fee increase up for vote any time they want huh? just do it every month till it passes.
This poa may just end up forcing me to move, I will not live with such a corrupt bunch of incompetents who have the power to take more money anytime they feel like it for crap I don't care about. I just hope this bs doesn't cause the housing market to crash if/when I become pi$$ed off enough to say enough.

Last edited by duke944; 11-22-2019 at 09:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2019, 05:17 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Well, isn't this a crock of sh$t. So they can just put their fee increase up for vote any time they want huh? just do it every month till it passes.
This poa may just end up forcing me to move, I will not live with such a corrupt bunch of incompetents who have the power to take more money anytime they feel like it for crap I don't care about. I just hope this bs doesn't cause the housing market to crash if/when I become pi$$ed off enough to say enough.
I know and you know you are not going to move because of this. If you are so sure, as you were last time, it will not pass, you have nothing to worry about. Remember 1st they have to get the 51% to vote and next they have to get 51% to vote yes. This past vote was less than 100 votes difference in passing versus not passing. The housing market is not going to be affected by another vote one way or the other. As I have said before and will again, check into other POA and see what they are paying for monthly assessments. If I thought, for one second the increase they are asking for was wrong or even border line I would never support the increase. Heck, everyone who knows me, knows I am pretty frugal and very conservative.

Old 11-23-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
I know and you know you are not going to move because of this. If you are so sure, as you were last time, it will not pass, you have nothing to worry about. Remember 1st they have to get the 51% to vote and next they have to get 51% to vote yes. This past vote was less than 100 votes difference in passing versus not passing. The housing market is not going to be affected by another vote one way or the other. As I have said before and will again, check into other POA and see what they are paying for monthly assessments. If I thought, for one second the increase they are asking for was wrong or even border line I would never support the increase. Heck, everyone who knows me, knows I am pretty frugal and very conservative.
I have an extremely hard time believing that 50% of voters voted yes. I understand there is an independent company managing the vote, but if this passes it needs to be audited - there is no way for anyone to know for sure that this vote is legit or not.

Why don't all you who want this to pass just send extra money in? because you want those who don't use these lame amenities to pay your way. Real fair.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 11-24-2019 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: Discuss the topic only

Old 11-23-2019, 03:23 PM

24 posts, read 15,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
I have an extremely hard time believing that 50% of voters voted yes. I understand there is an independent company managing the vote, but if this passes it needs to be audited - there is no way for anyone to know for sure that this vote is legit or not.

Why don't all you who want this to pass just send extra money in? because you want those who don't use these lame amenities to pay your way. Real fair.

I suggested that and apparently she wants to be frugal and conservative with her own money, but not everyone else's

i can remember my father saying MANY years ago" yes but who is going to count the votes," we are seeing it now who IS counting the votes.....

Last edited by Oldhag1; 11-24-2019 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: Edited quote

Old 11-23-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinark View Post
I suggested that and apparently she wants to be frugal and conservative with her own money, but not everyone else's

i can remember my father saying MANY years ago" yes but who is going to count the votes," we are seeing it now who IS counting the votes.....
The real irony will be when this vote passes and nothing changes with current fees for amenities, or they go right back to where they are after a short period of reduced fees.
Then people will understand what they are dealing with.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 11-24-2019 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: Discuss the topic, not other posters

Old 11-24-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:

You don't even live in Bella Vista and you are suggesting the counting of the votes might be fixed! ? You obviously have not done your research.

Old 11-25-2019, 06:15 AM

Quote:
You don't even live in Bella Vista and you are suggesting the counting of the votes might be fixed! ? You obviously have not done your research.

this isn't the first time i have heard of Bella Vista and for years i have seen many properties for sale on Craigslist of all places some even willing to trade for them sounds like an act of desperation.
Research ?? you only have to read your news sources to see mismanagement

Old 11-25-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
this isn't the first time i have heard of Bella Vista and for years i have seen many properties for sale on Craigslist of all places some even willing to trade for them sounds like an act of desperation.
Research ?? you only have to read your news sources to see mismanagement
Have you seen the increase in property values in the past year or two or driven around and seen all the new construction or checked to see how quickly many properties have sold. WE have several sets of friends from our church, card groups, exercise groups and happy hour groups that have sold their homes in less than a month, many in a week or two. Of course some do not move that fast especially some of the older homes that have had to updates but even some of them are selling fairly quickly. Don't believe every thing you see on Craig's list try checking realtors. com or Zillow. Where are you getting your information about news sources and mismagement? I just find it amazing someone who does not live here, has no connections with the community would take such an interest in our problems and progress. Like most communities we do have pro and cons. No one disagrees with that.

BTW here is an example of one piece of property that sold quickly and it had not had any updates, but wasn't that old either. It as on the east side: Sold for $189,000 12 years ago. Was the basic BV home on 2 levels, nothing special but nice. It sold in 2 weeks for $302,000 about a month ago. The street it is on isn't even completely paved. The lot was nice though, flat and very private. Our granddaughter, also on the east side, put her house up for sale a few months ago. She had a little more trouble because they have 3 kids, are very busy and sometimes the house probably did not show well. The purchased it 5 years ago for just over 200,00 and sold it for just over $300.000. So don't try and say property isn't selling well or talk about so many homes on the market.

Old 11-25-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Have you seen the increase in property values in the past year or two or driven around and seen all the new construction or checked to see how quickly many properties have sold. WE have several sets of friends from our church, card groups, exercise groups and happy hour groups that have sold their homes in less than a month, many in a week or two. Of course some do not move that fast especially some of the older homes that have had to updates but even some of them are selling fairly quickly. Don't believe every thing you see on Craig's list try checking realtors. com or Zillow. Where are you getting your information about news sources and mismagement? I just find it amazing someone who does not live here, has no connections with the community would take such an interest in our problems and progress. Like most communities we do have pro and cons. No one disagrees with that.

BTW here is an example of one piece of property that sold quickly and it had not had any updates, but wasn't that old either. It as on the east side: Sold for $189,000 12 years ago. Was the basic BV home on 2 levels, nothing special but nice. It sold in 2 weeks for $302,000 about a month ago. The street it is on isn't even completely paved. The lot was nice though, flat and very private. Our granddaughter, also on the east side, put her house up for sale a few months ago. She had a little more trouble because they have 3 kids, are very busy and sometimes the house probably did not show well. The purchased it 5 years ago for just over 200,00 and sold it for just over $300.000. So don't try and say property isn't selling well or talk about so many homes on the market.

I have lived it, when we come to Ark 15 years ago on vacation we looked at this property and fellow give us a price and we did research and made counter offer $ 65.000 LESS than he was asking and got it.....
the trick is do your research it worked for us don't just talk about it on the internet .
you are not convincing me of anything and probably no one else either.....

Old 11-25-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
I have lived it, when we come to Ark 15 years ago on vacation we looked at this property and fellow give us a price and we did research and made counter offer $ 65.000 LESS than he was asking and got it.....
the trick is do your research it worked for us don't just talk about it on the internet .
you are not convincing me of anything and probably no one else either.....
well you can hardly compare 15 years ago with today. If you offered $65,000 less and got it, why are you not living in BV right now and where in the Heck would that house be if they were willing to take $65.000 less than asking. 15 years ago there were very few home here that sold for much more than $200,000. As for doing research I don't need lessons on it, especially when it comes to buying and selling. I was a realtor for over 15 years. I am not trying to convince anyone of anything as very few people here are paying much attention to the 3 of us going around and around with this debate. They have more important things to post about that things they know nothing about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers