Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 06:10 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlow View Post
Possibly might be moving to NWA this fall and a quick search on Costco's website didn't bring up anything. No Costco in the area? Maybe too many Walmarts and they didn't think they could compete? Lol
Walmart will keep Costco out as long as possible I am guessing, but we had memberships in both Costco and Sam's when we lived in Texas and NM. They are so similar we just dropped our membership in Costco when it expired. Hardly a matter of competing. There would be room for both I am sure, just no need for many of us. I would feel the same way if we moved someplace that had only Costco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2020, 06:36 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,748,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knrstz View Post
I thought this would be a nice thread to discuss what you want to see come to this area or you think should already be here. I'll get it started with saying...an Audi dealership. Throw in Lexus too. This area has the population and money to support both. It really sucks having to drive two hours to get my car serviced at Audi Tulsa. NWA already has BMW and Acura. The other two would fit nicely.
It's really strange you wouldn't have a Lexus or Audi dealer yet, especially considering the places your transplants are coming from. Cities that are smaller and far less trendy have had those for years.
Both would do quite well in NWA. Surely some car dealer will capitalize on that in the next year or two.
Costco is probably a Walmart problem. At least you have a couple of Targets.
Trader Joe's is really something every town should have. No doubt NWA is on their radar. I know some people don't "get" it, but it's really cool for those who do. We currently live about 45 min. away from one and find it to be worth the trouble to stock up when we're in that area.

Old 02-22-2020, 09:15 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
When we lived in NM we were about 45 minutes to an hour from T Joe's but we still would go there at least once every few months if not more often. When we go to Vegas, one of out stops in T. Joe's always.

People say they don't get it: I understand that but it is still a special place for a lot of us, especially those of us who have lived places where it is popular. Sprouts is one a lot of people would like, but it just is a bit different from TJ's Whole foods is fine but much more expensive.
again a bit different than T.JOe's. The closest thing to TJ's in my opinion would be Fresh Market. For us, it is a rather long drive. We do go there when we have to go to the dentist or anyplace in the area, but it isn't a place we are apt to just hop in the car and drive to for no other reason.

Oh, one other place I would love to see here, and hubby mentioned it this morning: In N Out burger.

Old 02-22-2020, 09:21 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,747,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_nightowl View Post

Strangely, we haven't found a tex-mex place we like as well as our favorite back in FW (La Playa Maya!)...mostly due to the marinade/flavoring of their steak fajitas. So we're still looking. We haven't tried everywhere yet!

Have you tried looking for some little hole-in-the-wall, family-owned place in Springdale? Seems like with all the Hispanics there, a person could find one.

Old 02-22-2020, 09:33 AM

540 posts, read 1,105,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Have you tried looking for some little hole-in-the-wall, family-owned place in Springdale? Seems like with all the Hispanics there, a person could find one.

No we haven't started venturing that far yet in search of food. We haven't tried all the places in Bentonville/Rogers/Centeron yet. I will say that I *do* like the tacos and fresh made salsas at Local Lime! Just haven't found fajitas that we like as well as those we left.

Old 02-22-2020, 10:27 AM

108 posts, read 94,352 times
The fact that there isn't a Costco nearby is unfortunate for me as I bought my hearing aids there and will have to find another provider. For those that don't know yet, most HA manufactures lock their programming to protect the sellers market area, so even though the aids sold by Costco (at 1/3 the price) are made by the big OEM's and have virtually the same specs, they cannot be adjusted by outside vendors.
Same for the name brands. This means i will have to buy new aids and probably spend an extra $4500 unless Sams offers something comparable (IIRC I checked and they don't)

Old 02-23-2020, 10:33 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achi WaWa View Post
The fact that there isn't a Costco nearby is unfortunate for me as I bought my hearing aids there and will have to find another provider. For those that don't know yet, most HA manufactures lock their programming to protect the sellers market area, so even though the aids sold by Costco (at 1/3 the price) are made by the big OEM's and have virtually the same specs, they cannot be adjusted by outside vendors.
Same for the name brands. This means i will have to buy new aids and probably spend an extra $4500 unless Sams offers something comparable (IIRC I checked and they don't)
I've worn hearing aids for years, am a huge fan of Costco's services. I was nervous when we moved to Fayetteville. The Tulsa Costco is just under 2 hrs from our NWA house (lived here 3 years now), it's worked out fine. We travel there about every 6-8 weeks.

Old 02-23-2020, 10:34 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Climber View Post
I agree on the TexMex. NWA doesn't have a real top-shelf Mexican restaurant like you'd find in DFW or Austin.

I don't understand why.

Chuy's is not it.
Yep, 3 years in after moving from NTX to NWA, we're still missing TexMex. But everything else is good.

Old 02-24-2020, 04:38 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,986,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knrstz View Post
I thought this would be a nice thread to discuss what you want to see come to this area or you think should already be here. I'll get it started with saying...an Audi dealership. Throw in Lexus too. This area has the population and money to support both. It really sucks having to drive two hours to get my car serviced at Audi Tulsa. NWA already has BMW and Acura. The other two would fit nicely.
VW services Audi...fayetteville. I discovered this when my girlfriend was looking to buy a 2017? A3. She opted not to (I was supremely underwhelmed by the build quality and was glad), but while she was looking at it, I contacted them and they could perform all required work and quoted me fair prices.

Old 02-24-2020, 07:39 AM

1,134 posts, read 3,188,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
VW services Audi...fayetteville. I discovered this when my girlfriend was looking to buy a 2017? A3. She opted not to (I was supremely underwhelmed by the build quality and was glad), but while she was looking at it, I contacted them and they could perform all required work and quoted me fair prices.
Not when your Audi is electric. They won't touch mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers