Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 01:59 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
But again, as I have said "you are telling us what to do" I am not saying we should not wear a mask, yes, if I am at home and have time I watch the news conference daily and I am aware of what they are saying. I too wear one in public, if inside, not always outside. I am simply stating how I feel about the government telling me what I must do.
I've never doubted that you care enough for other people to wear a mask to try to protect them. So do I & that's why I wear one even though I hate the whole idea.

Don't even get me started on how I feel about govt. telling me what & what not to do. Because that's a topic for whole other thread & forum.

But I absolutely want, expect, & pay govt to advise & educate me. Even more so in this bizarro pandemic environment.

My saying 'wear a mask' is a plea, not an order. Ditto Asa & Dr. Nate, who have made the same plea, over & over in their daily briefings, believing that mandatory orders won't work. Your frustration is understandable. My frustration is re people who (unlike you) either don't get or don't care that by not wearing masks they may unknowingly infecting others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2020, 06:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorearkansas View Post
Pretty much how I operate. I work in the Chicago suburbs for a few more months before retirement catches up with me. I have pretty much concluded that I will eventually get Corona as I cannot bring myself to hide from it.
This is exactly what our granddaughter says: if we haven't had it by now, we will sooner or later unless there is a true workable vaccine developed in the next 6 months. This does not mean it will be a bad case and it may hit with no symptoms or very minor ones, but there is nothing we can do to totally hide from it.

Old 07-11-2020, 03:23 PM

33 posts, read 19,941 times
I'm not taking no vaccine from Bill Gates-O'Hell. No way

Old 07-11-2020, 05:44 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,445,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tocohara View Post
I'm not taking no vaccine from Bill Gates-O'Hell. No way
Everyone seems to think a potential vaccine is going to solve all of this. That's only going to be the next hot button issue, though. They haven't even come up with a test that's fully accurate yet, you think I want some concoction that's been hastily thrown together and ramrodded to market shoved into my body?? I don't even like getting the flu shot (which is often ineffective), but I have to if I want to keep working because I'm in healthcare.....which means I'll also be forced to take the Covid shot if I want to keep my job. Not cool.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:09 PM

383 posts, read 399,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Go someplace else if you're looking for an argument. I wear a mask to diminish the likelihood I'll inadvertently infect other people. That's why surgical teams have worn them for decade.
You are the one who posed the opinion on masks. I disagreed and responded. If you are wearing an N95, you are violating everything the government has asked. N95 masks are to be reserved for the medical industry. N95 affords minimal protection for those trained to wear them. All other masks affording any reasonable level of protection are a government illusion. At best an unrated mask will prevent 5-10% of what you discharge from making it into the open air. A bandana is even less. They provide a false sense of security. I will say it again, masks do nothing to block another viral entry point, your eyes. If you are at risk, you are far better off avoiding public transportation, public buildings, gatherings of any size indoors.

As far as trusting the government. That is another illusion. In my 33 years of working at a government institution, I have yet to see them do anything well. They have no motivation, no reason as they get paid regardlewss of the outcome. Even now, most of them are sitting home on their a$$e$ GETTING PAID TO DO NOTHING.

I will continue to dispute the falsehoods about wearing masks as long as people still beleive the BS.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
This is exactly what our granddaughter says: if we haven't had it by now, we will sooner or later unless there is a true workable vaccine developed in the next 6 months. This does not mean it will be a bad case and it may hit with no symptoms or very minor ones, but there is nothing we can do to totally hide from it.
I agree with your granddaughter.

Old 07-12-2020, 02:57 AM

111 posts, read 95,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Go look at her past posts regarding this. She's nasty about it......and she's been attempting to force this mask everywhere/stay barricaded in your house thing upon everyone for a good while now, calling a basically non existent situation a "disaster" for NWA when nothing could be further from the truth. She's a Trump hating, flaming liberal pushing an agenda of fear and misinformation. A lot of us are sick of it and we have the right to say so. If you choose to buy into her peace, love and puppies shtick that is absolutely your right....but don't infringe upon my right to stand up to and refute it.
Hear Hear!

Old 07-13-2020, 12:07 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,643,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorearkansas View Post
Pretty much how I operate. I work in the Chicago suburbs for a few more months before retirement catches up with me. I have pretty much concluded that I will eventually get Corona as I cannot bring myself to hide from it.
When you get ready to leave Chicago, make sure you get your reservations early
One of your neighbors posted this:
https://www.thestreet.com/mishtalk/e...scape-illinois
Well, he was your neighbor until yesterday
(I used to follow him, as he was a genius in the economics field, and didn't follow the nutjob leftist crowd of other economists, but Trump Derangement Syndrome has eaten away at his brain until he isn't as good as he used to be. Oh, and BTW, he never understood war, at all.)

Old 07-13-2020, 09:21 PM

DH today had outpatient surgery at WRMC.

It was a homecoming of sorts for us; our son this time last year sustained brutal life-changing injuries from what should have been a fatal accident (run over by a freight train) & spent a month there.

When I was picking up DH, three nurses who remember us came outside & we all shed tears over what they & the hospital are having to deal with now compared to this time last year. These nurses have worked there for 15-30 years & were obviously stressed. It broke our hearts.

Old 07-14-2020, 05:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
DH today had outpatient surgery at WRMC.

It was a homecoming of sorts for us; our son this time last year sustained brutal life-changing injuries from what should have been a fatal accident (run over by a freight train) & spent a month there.

When I was picking up DH, three nurses who remember us came outside & we all shed tears over what they & the hospital are having to deal with now compared to this time last year. These nurses have worked there for 15-30 years & were obviously stressed. It broke our hearts.
Yes life has changed and for some more than others. Good luck to your son and hope hubby is ok
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers