Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 03:28 PM

89 posts, read 91,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
My SIL said it was raining up there today. They went to vote, but the rain along with 60's degree weather changed their mind for another day.
Reuben, it rained like crazy all afternoon, am very close to Highway 71 (I-49) & we had a lot of thunder too, it's just gray and overcast now, it's been that way for the last couple of days, such a relief from the sun & heat. It is cold, cloudy so don't blame your kinfolk for dodging that to vote another day. Thursday is s'posed to be hot and sunny again. I'll take the motor home for propane & set the thermostats for when it gets colder to keep the utility bays warm & pipes from freezing.

Been running the pellet stove for a couple days, only half an hour and the whole living & dining rooms & kitchen are all toasty, never had a pellet stove & gosh do I like it! Gonna save a lot on electricity this winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2020, 10:01 PM

425 posts, read 494,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Yes, it poured down for about an hour and it stopped us from voting. Now our daughter just called to tell us her husband has COVID which means, if she does as well, she will be tested later today or tomorrow we were with her for several hours Sunday thus if she tested positive we are quarentined for 10 days since we saw her. At least we will get a chance to vote. Our wings will be lifted before election day.
Sorry to hear that nmnita! Hopefully you get good news and don’t have to quarantine. We voted this morning at Saint Bernards church. No lines at all when we were there.

Old 10-21-2020, 12:40 AM

89 posts, read 91,014 times
Quote:
Yes, it poured down for about an hour and it stopped us from voting. Now our daughter just called to tell us her husband has COVID which means, if she does as well, she will be tested later today or tomorrow we were with her for several hours Sunday thus if she tested positive we are quarentined for 10 days since we saw her. At least we will get a chance to vote. Our wings will be lifted before election day.
Nita, so very sorry to hear that...I've known several people that have gotten it and survived quite well, if that's any consolation. Friends (a family of 3) got it way last December, before we even knew what it was, thought it was an extremely severe case of the flu, self isolated themselves from one another in 3 separate areas of the home & pumped every cold remedy into themselves that they could, took about 3 weeks but they all turned out fine.

And yes the good news is you'll be able to still get out & vote. Be nice if there was a way to get the ballots early, I've always voted by absentee ballot, but walked it right into the county building & put it straight into the box.

Hopefully you'll remain symptom free and your daughter as well, especially if she's in fairly good health.

Old 10-21-2020, 05:59 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,209,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcvs View Post
Sorry to hear that nmnita! Hopefully you get good news and don’t have to quarantine. We voted this morning at Saint Bernards church. No lines at all when we were there.
Thanks, we do have to quarantine until next Thurs, so it looks like we will be voting on election day. As long as we vote that is what I care about. as for the kids both feel pretty good, our SIL feels worse than our daughter, but neither at this stage are really sick Thank God. The news: they have not been out hardly at all since returning from Vegas a week ago: the bad news is no one is anymore active than our daughter and she knows she is going to go nuts in the next week or so.

Old 10-21-2020, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky view trail View Post
Nita, so very sorry to hear that...I've known several people that have gotten it and survived quite well, if that's any consolation. Friends (a family of 3) got it way last December, before we even knew what it was, thought it was an extremely severe case of the flu, self isolated themselves from one another in 3 separate areas of the home & pumped every cold remedy into themselves that they could, took about 3 weeks but they all turned out fine.

And yes the good news is you'll be able to still get out & vote. Be nice if there was a way to get the ballots early, I've always voted by absentee ballot, but walked it right into the county building & put it straight into the box.

Hopefully you'll remain symptom free and your daughter as well, especially if she's in fairly good health.
Thanks for the nice words. I am just happy she hasn't been around her grandkids this past week so they will not be affected in any way except won't get to see grandma and grandpa for awhile.

Old 10-21-2020, 06:14 AM

2,663 posts, read 2,151,444 times
Quote:
Thanks for the nice words. I am just happy she hasn't been around her grandkids this past week so they will not be affected in any way except won't get to see grandma and grandpa for awhile.
Hopefully it will be one of the weaker strains. One of my neighbors tested positive and a few days later it was negative. He said it was like a bad cold.

Old 10-25-2020, 05:59 AM

My SIL said your weather forecast has the "s" word in it?

Old 10-26-2020, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
My SIL said your weather forecast has the "s" word in it?
If you mean snow nope: it you mean that other 4 letter word which I use too much she is right.

Old 10-26-2020, 02:07 PM

3,810 posts, read 6,400,014 times
Looks like a nice soaker going through NWA today with more in the short range forecast...... Be thankful not only for that, but that you’re not getting the ice storm happening across the border in Oklahoma or the snow up in the KC area of Missouri.

Old 10-26-2020, 04:44 PM

It is good y'all are getting something. I have another super-soaker coming my way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers