Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 01:54 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Well tomorrow is the big day, we will take off for Bella Vista and our long awaited house hunting expedition. Yep, we sold our house this monring. We didn't get what we had hoped we would, but it only took 3 weeks to sell and with the market the way it is we are on Cloud 9, maybe even cloud 11.

By this time next month there will be a moving van in front of our house loading our funiture for its move to NWA. Then I think I will change my sign on to Arkggma

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 02:18 PM

18 posts, read 51,302 times
Nita,

Can't wait to hear how your house hunt goes. You'll have to pass any tips along to the rest of us. With any luck we'll be going through the same thing soon. Except, we think we'll rent for a bit to become more familiar with the area. Our first order of business is to secure teaching jobs!

Leslie

Old 05-03-2008, 05:12 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,271,623 times
Congrats, nita! I surely hope you find just what you're looking for...let us know how you're doing along the way!

Old 05-03-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom-n-teacher View Post
Nita,

Can't wait to hear how your house hunt goes. You'll have to pass any tips along to the rest of us. With any luck we'll be going through the same thing soon. Except, we think we'll rent for a bit to become more familiar with the area. Our first order of business is to secure teaching jobs!

Leslie
thanks, I will post as soon as we get back, later in the week. We did venture to BV last June to do some pre-lim investigating. Yes, getting teaching jobs would help. For us, it is different, I am a part time Travel Agent that can work anywhere and Hubby is retired or semi anyway.

Will keep everyone informed.

Nita

Old 05-03-2008, 10:44 PM

140 posts, read 475,352 times
Wink ARkansas Delightful

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well tomorrow is the big day, we will take off for Bella Vista and our long awaited house hunting expedition. Yep, we sold our house this monring. We didn't get what we had hoped we would, but it only took 3 weeks to sell and with the market the way it is we are on Cloud 9, maybe even cloud 11.

By this time next month there will be a moving van in front of our house loading our funiture for its move to NWA. Then I think I will change my sign on to Arkggma

Nita
If you want to look at No Central Arkansas look us up we can give you some tips, like don't buy river front land ! hahaha, Some realtor 5yrs ago tried to sell us a home site, and said oh don't worry this only floods every Hundred or two hundred years-guess what 100 years ago was 1908 ! OH NO WONDER!!
You will love the people and many great sites, to explore, The Natural State is one of the Best !

Old 05-04-2008, 02:23 PM

87 posts, read 298,563 times
Great to hear the house sale is complete. Yes, with the market the way it is, your are lucky indeed to get it sold in just 3 weeks.
Have a great, and successful, trip. Be sure to give us all the details when you return.
Slim

Old 05-04-2008, 04:34 PM

490 posts, read 1,266,584 times
Default I'm jealous

Congratulations, and welcome to Arkie land. I'll be joining you in 3 years, except in Hot Spring Village.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:36 PM

58 posts, read 195,001 times
Congratulations!
In this market you've completed a major accomplishment! Hope you find the perfect house!

Old 05-06-2008, 04:31 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,947,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
Congrats Nita! Glad to hear you are finally making the move! If you ever need any info on Fayetteville about anything, just let me know and I'll try my best to help ya! I'll be back for a visit by early July myself which is exciting(been almost a year since i've seen friends and family!) so I understand the excitment! Well I'm glad to hear it has all worked out for ya, and welcome to Arkansas!

Old 05-09-2008, 09:03 AM

Well, we narrowed it down to 3 houses, because our daughter is involved in this as well she and her hubby will see them late Sunday. Then the decision will be complete. We should be moving about the middle of next month. Our first trip to AR for investigation was June of last year; we were actually in Bella Vista on June 14th and that will be just about our arrival date this year. We said we figured it would take us about a year; how is that for timing?

Thanks for all your good wishes, I will keep you informed as the decision is made, probably in about 4 days.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers