Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 02:41 PM

52 posts, read 68,862 times

Advertisements

Hi, I just wanted to thank all those that replied to my posts about NW Arkansas. This month I made my third trip this year to BV and found the home that will be perfect for us in northern BV.

The Sellers have been ill for awhile with the yard and woods seriously overgrown and apparently quite happy. We have been told there are some armadillos in our yard, don't know anything about them but I guess we will learn. Fortunately there is an area off the patio that has a cyclone fence which will serve to keep our dogs in, not sure what it will keep out.

We will be making our permanent move in a few months and are beyond excited. Thanks again to everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 07:28 PM

2,714 posts, read 2,215,475 times
It is easy to get rid of armadillos. You take away their food source which is grub worms with something like GrubX and they will go someplace else.

Old 08-21-2021, 09:00 PM

Good to know Reubenray, thank you!

Old 08-22-2021, 08:15 AM

231 posts, read 381,456 times
[quote=reubenray;61729459]It is easy to get rid of armadillos. You take away their food source which is grub worms with something like GrubX and they will go someplace else.[/QUOT

That ain’t how it done down here in the south! Case of beer and a shotgun. Maybe a bug zapper too.

Honestly, I haven’t had to deal with them. A decent sized dog would be my first thought though.

Old 08-22-2021, 10:10 AM

2,714 posts, read 2,215,475 times
[quote=Snaple4;61738475]
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
It is easy to get rid of armadillos. You take away their food source which is grub worms with something like GrubX and they will go someplace else.[/QUOT

That ain’t how it done down here in the south! Case of beer and a shotgun. Maybe a bug zapper too.

Honestly, I haven’t had to deal with them. A decent sized dog would be my first thought though.
I use to take care of them with my single shot 22 and make them bounce, but I live in the city limits now so I can't. I was sitting out on our deck one morning around 8 and there is an armadillo walking down the middle of the road. I could have taken him out with my 3 iron.

Old 08-22-2021, 08:48 PM

231 posts, read 381,456 times
I live on 2 acres in a valley next to a farm…. Lots of them, skunks, squirrels, raccoons, deer, and other things that roam around at night. Honestly, I haven’t had the need or desire to get rid of any. I might take down a deer for the food though. So far as long as I don’t think anything is going to mess with me I don’t take the time to mess with them. My barn cat likes to mess with the giant skunk that lives around here though….

Back to the OP, I would get a dog or leave them alone. You can poison the yard but I’m not big on sending that stuff into the water ways if I can avoid it.

Old 08-24-2021, 09:18 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,755,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
It is easy to get rid of armadillos. You take away their food source which is grub worms with something like GrubX and they will go someplace else.

I would google that, OP, for more information...grubs are not the only things armadillos eat.

Old 08-24-2021, 02:02 PM

Well there's some good news, we do have two dogs with one being a boxer. That should keep them out of the small fenced area. Will see if they a problem elsewhere as I'm pretty much a live and let live person when it comes to nature to a certain point.

Old 08-24-2021, 08:31 PM

425 posts, read 507,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandramast View Post
Well there's some good news, we do have two dogs with one being a boxer. That should keep them out of the small fenced area. Will see if they a problem elsewhere as I'm pretty much a live and let live person when it comes to nature to a certain point.
Guns N’ Roses have a song called ‘Live and let Die’. Paul McCartney actually wrote the song in 1973, for a James Bond movie.

Not relevant to your comment, but it reminded me of the song, so I thought I would share!

Old 08-25-2021, 05:23 PM

Hey, extra comments are welcome anytime!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers