Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 05:40 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,758,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photogeo View Post
Funny that I came across this thread. I’m in Austin now and just passed a billboard the other day. It said something like “when it comes to high cost of living, don’t mess with Texas, come to NW Arkansas.”

Oh dear goodness…..

I kind of figured it was just a matter of time. They will reap what they sow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2021, 07:09 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post

Oh dear goodness…..

With growth comes traffic and crime! Politics will likely drift liberal. Death and much higher taxes are gonna get us all sooner or later, so enjoy it while you can!! Those buying real estate now will benefit from their homes rising in price---to the dismay of future newcomers who will move in and buy homes.

Last edited by columbusboy8; 09-09-2021 at 07:23 AM..

Old 09-09-2021, 01:28 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,649,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photogeo View Post
Funny that I came across this thread. I’m in Austin now and just passed a billboard the other day. It said something like “when it comes to high cost of living, don’t mess with Texas, come to NW Arkansas.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post

Oh dear goodness…..
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
With growth comes traffic and crime! Politics will likely drift liberal. Death and much higher taxes are gonna get us all sooner or later, so enjoy it while you can!! Those buying real estate now will benefit from their homes rising in price---to the dismay of future newcomers who will move in and buy homes.
Yep.
(Can someone please burn down that billboard!)

Old 09-09-2021, 09:18 PM

425 posts, read 506,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Yep.
(Can someone please burn down that billboard!)
Agree!!

Old 10-19-2021, 06:22 PM

108 posts, read 94,609 times
In 5 or 10 years (if covid don't get me first) I'll be ready to sell out and move to some golden retirement assisted living home in a cheaper tranquil setting since i won't be going out much...

Old 10-20-2021, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayakDoc View Post
You think NWA is getting bad? try living here in Sarasota area. I lived in AR and liked it, but I don't think NWA would be any better than here given the invasion of buttwipes now even from CA.
Two more houses sold on my street in Bella Vista. Both of these houses sold to CA folks. That’s now a total of 5 houses on our street occupied (invaded?) by CA families. And that’s just on our street. They continue to come in droves, buying up properties all over Bella Vista. I welcome them, and anyone who comes here. But as I’ve said many times, I pray they don’t bring liberal policies along with them.
Hopefully they are just refugees.

Old 10-21-2021, 03:01 PM

3,460 posts, read 2,783,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcvs View Post
Two more houses sold on my street in Bella Vista. Both of these houses sold to CA folks. That’s now a total of 5 houses on our street occupied (invaded?) by CA families. And that’s just on our street. They continue to come in droves, buying up properties all over Bella Vista. I welcome them, and anyone who comes here. But as I’ve said many times, I pray they don’t bring liberal policies along with them.
Hopefully they are just refugees.
They may be Tom Joad’s descendants.

Old 10-21-2021, 08:07 PM

4,505 posts, read 4,617,056 times
Where are the majority of newcomers to NWA coming from? Other parts of Arkansas? Neighboring states? Southern States? California?

Old 10-21-2021, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
They may be Tom Joad’s descendants.
I doubt it. The folks coming from CA have money. Many are paying cash.

Old 10-22-2021, 09:58 AM

108 posts, read 94,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcvs View Post
I doubt it. The folks coming from CA have money. Many are paying cash.
This has been like a dark cloud following me around since the 70's...
At that time I had recently graduated from U of Oregon and was in Portland working and trying to find a house I could afford... back then you could get a decent place for 40-50k and a brand-new spec house for 80-100k easy... until the californians showed up and would bid prices up to where the spec house was 250k+... they sold their old bungalow in LA for 500k (1599k now) so had lots of money to buy what they wanted... land prices also skyrocketed and I was priced completely out of the market.

This went on all over the western states for decades, places that were once nice and usually conservative... Look at what Portland has become, or Couer D'alene, Seattle, Redmond, Medford, Phoenix, Tucson, Prescott, Denver, San Antonio...

Don't get me wrong, I've travelled thru Ca and seen what nice areas and friendly people there are in the Ca countryside... outside the urbanized coast... especially in the NE part of the state... but I don't think that is where the transplants are coming from...

i suppose that now I am here, their coming will just lift my boat along with the tide... I just hope they don't bring Kalifornia politics with them... Then again, I also suppose NWA has the same thing coming from the Chicago area to worry about...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers