Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2021, 03:35 PM

12 posts, read 24,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatCoupleSD View Post
People are pretty good about distancing and mask use in Fayetteville, especially in the downtown area. You can easily find businesses that are being safe and taking precautions, though there are plenty that don't, especially as you get farther from town. I'm vaccinated and still wear a mask when indoors, too You won't get looks in Fayetteville if you wear a mask. It's very live and let live. I haven't been in the other parts of NWA much since delta emerged, so I can't speak to those areas.

Enjoy your trip to NWA! People are so great here!!!
Thank you very much CrazyCatCoupleSD. I appreciate the information requested. Wearing a mask is such an easy thing to do. I don’t enjoy wearing one, but it saves many lives! We have family who are healthcare providers risking their lives daily to protect the sick. There is nothing political about it. We have family who use it politically, but they themselves have been vaccinated, BUT they said don’t tell anyone. Last Sunday our preacher said “don’t hide your light/faith under a bushel and he asked our congregation to stop hiding the fact you have been vaccinated, share the light.” I thought that was inspiring.
..and yes there are good people!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2021, 03:39 PM

12 posts, read 24,765 times
Thank you to Take A History Class, this information and link is greatly appreciated!! We look forward to visiting.

Old 09-06-2021, 09:42 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,754,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnElm View Post
Last Sunday our preacher said “don’t hide your light/faith under a bushel and he asked our congregation to stop hiding the fact you have been vaccinated, share the light.”

I am a Christian and faithful church attender but IMO, pastors should stick to preaching the Bible and stay off of these kinds of issues in the pulpit. There are too many conflicting opinions, even in the medical community, for anyone to take a hard and fast stance on this.

Not that I think they don't have a right to their opinions....just that they should not use the pulpit as a platform for trying to sway others' opinions.

My pastor said just last week that we should not let this issue divide us, that we should endeavor to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace (Ephesians 4:3), and let each one make up their own mind as to what they personally should do, without judging their decisions.

Old 09-06-2021, 07:27 PM

28 posts, read 25,153 times
Quote:
Thank you very much CrazyCatCoupleSD. I appreciate the information requested. Wearing a mask is such an easy thing to do. I don’t enjoy wearing one, but it saves many lives! We have family who are healthcare providers risking their lives daily to protect the sick. There is nothing political about it. We have family who use it politically, but they themselves have been vaccinated, BUT they said don’t tell anyone. Last Sunday our preacher said “don’t hide your light/faith under a bushel and he asked our congregation to stop hiding the fact you have been vaccinated, share the light.” I thought that was inspiring.
..and yes there are good people!
I totally agree! It's so sad that people have to lie about being vaccinated. And it's so sad that people think wearing a mask needs to be political. It's just trying to be safe and stay healthy...and protect others and keep them healthy. The idea of health and caring about others being political is absolutely beyond me. Thank you for wearing yours when you visit.

I think you'll love the area! It's beautiful, and the people are really kind. It's a lovely pace of life, where it's slow, but not boring. I've lived quite a few places, and this is my favorite Safe travels to you!

Old 09-06-2021, 09:35 PM

1,811 posts, read 899,992 times
Quote:
We plan a trip to look at the towns of NWA next week. We’re curious about the current Covid stats. Are many people wearing masks? Are the businesses taking precautions and/or wearing masks? We are vaccinated but will wear a mask during the current variant that is spreading. Thank you.
You should really stay at home and not travel during this pandemic. Once the plague is over it might be safe to visit.

Old 09-07-2021, 11:45 AM

1,601 posts, read 866,837 times
You may already be here, but I attended a Naturals baseball game Sunday night in Springdale and it was completely normal. As in, "could have been before Covid" normal. No masks, no distancing, no silliness like taking away the condiment stations. We very much enjoyed it.

Judging by the footage I've seen of the Razorbacks game in Fayetteville on Saturday, it was pretty much the same. I think people around here have just decided to live their lives.

Old 09-07-2021, 08:45 PM

425 posts, read 506,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post
You may already be here, but I attended a Naturals baseball game Sunday night in Springdale and it was completely normal. As in, "could have been before Covid" normal. No masks, no distancing, no silliness like taking away the condiment stations. We very much enjoyed it.

Judging by the footage I've seen of the Razorbacks game in Fayetteville on Saturday, it was pretty much the same. I think people around here have just decided to live their lives.
Awesome. Good to hear.
And I think it’s comical the UoA canceled contracts with Bikes Blues and BBQ (in the name of COVID), yet allowed fans to attend a Razorback game. Hypocrisy (and politics) at its best.

Old 09-08-2021, 10:10 AM

1,601 posts, read 866,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcvs View Post
Awesome. Good to hear.
And I think it’s comical the UoA canceled contracts with Bikes Blues and BBQ (in the name of COVID), yet allowed fans to attend a Razorback game. Hypocrisy (and politics) at its best.

Yeah, without getting too political, the outrage over so called "super spreader events" is highly selective.

The good news for America is that college football games were largely normal across the nation last Saturday, not just in Arkansas. I think people are pretty close to just getting on with their lives.

That being said, my good experience at the Naturals on Sunday has led us to plan one more game outing before their season ends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers