Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2008, 08:50 AM

11 posts, read 53,035 times

Advertisements

Okay, We so appreciate the help and info so far. My husband will be working on N bloominton in lowell and i will be working on N dixieland in rogers - Are there any neighborhoods closeby that we should avoid. We have two young children, preschool and elementary age, Are looking for a rental house in a safe neighborhood first to get a 'feel' for the area, at least a 3 bdr. We want to avoid cookie cutter neighborhoods and are not looking to spend $$$$. Are there any older, but still very safe neighborhoods where the houses are not 5 ft apart and everyhouse looks alike - oh, and nowhere around the chicken poop business?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 09:43 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,761,075 times
How far from the "chicken poop" business do you want to be? There are chicken houses all over NWA I'm afraid. Maybe you should check out the Cave Springs or Elm Springs area. Elm Springs is a very nice little community with some nice older homes that aren't right up next to each other.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:54 AM

We are arkansas natives, lived here all our lives, in SW arkansas, so no stranger to the 'chicken poop business' but we dont want to live in the same neighborhood as one, nothing like waking up to the fresh smell of... chickens! i know according to wind directions, you may catch a whiff of one if you're within miles, i just dont want to smell it everyday. And no stranger to the illegal population that seems to follow the chicken business, just rather stay out of their neighborhoods. Looking for someone to recommend some neighborhoods closeby. I see that their are alot of elementary schools in the rogers/lowell area. We are from small towns that only have one elementary, middle and high schools. Are the schools zoned? If so, which ones to avoid and which ones are the best. We want to start out as close to schools/work as possible so we can get a real feel for the area before settling down and buying. Thanks for the info, stormcrow, i'll look those up.

oh, and the one place i did find in cave springs was right across the street from chicken houses! ((thank you Google Earth!! )) It was a nice place though, if you can stand the smell and the feathers flying around when the trucks haul the chickens off.

Last edited by katmark2008; 05-20-2008 at 10:04 AM..

Old 05-20-2008, 12:20 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
You might want to check the date on the imagery if you're using Google Earth. Where I live the satellite picture is at least 5 years old. Cave Springs has changed a lot in the past 5 years. The chicken houses are mainly in the boonies, you won't find them for the most part in town. For rentals I'd recommend checking with some of the big realtors in the area. I am not involved in real estate in any way, but Harris McHaney and Lindsey both have tons of rental properties in the area. The neighborhoods closer to 540 are the newest and most expensive in Rogers. Lowell has some cookie cutter development but also some upscale neighborhoods as well. I don't know that there are any areas I'd avoid. If your husband is working on 71 in Lowell and you're on Dixieland in Rogers, you might try finding a rental on one of the streets off Oak in Rogers. That would give you good access to both jobs and shopping.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:56 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,761,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You might want to check the date on the imagery if you're using Google Earth. Where I live the satellite picture is at least 5 years old. Cave Springs has changed a lot in the past 5 years. The chicken houses are mainly in the boonies, you won't find them for the most part in town. For rentals I'd recommend checking with some of the big realtors in the area. I am not involved in real estate in any way, but Harris McHaney and Lindsey both have tons of rental properties in the area. The neighborhoods closer to 540 are the newest and most expensive in Rogers. Lowell has some cookie cutter development but also some upscale neighborhoods as well. I don't know that there are any areas I'd avoid. If your husband is working on 71 in Lowell and you're on Dixieland in Rogers, you might try finding a rental on one of the streets off Oak in Rogers. That would give you good access to both jobs and shopping.
Yep DC is right about google earth. Most of the images in NWA they have are WAY off! They are missing MOST all of Farmington! LOL That's how much it's grown in the past few years.

Don't rent from Lazenby and avoid their developments. They're cheap...cheap..cheap (not necessarily in rent cost either)!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 01:54 PM

Thanks! I know the imagery is a little old, some of the houses i found for rent, i looked up to see the area on google earth and some of the housing divisions hadnt even been built yet when the images were taken! I know the area has boomed recently, but its missing whole subdivisions.
Where we are from, the economy is pretty stagnant. NWA seems to be a progressive place for our family's future. Looking for a home on the internet is a very daunting task. We are planning a trip in the near future, but want some serious leads before doing so. Around here, and most places, i imagine, the lower the rent the worse the neighborhood... from all who i've spoken with about NWA, they seem to be the exception. I hope so, We cant afford 1200month in rent. Our mortgage now is only 400! Even though with the move we will have a significant increase in income, we still dont want to triple our monthly housing payment.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,411 times
Some awesome facts about Cave Springs -Virtually no crime, Bentonville Schools, located 7 minutes from the best and newest upscale mall (Promenade) in NWA and the newest Wal-Mart; 5 minutes from Regional airport; quaint downtown area with old fashioned hardware store; less than 5 minutes from Hwy 540. You can reach any surrounding town - including Rogers, Bentonville, Lowell, Centerton, Springdale, Fayetteville within 10 - 20 minutes. Tranquil community with a small town feel.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Cave Springs sounds like a good bet for you as well as Rogers. I am just not crazy over Lowell, but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the area.

Nita

Old 12-31-2008, 07:56 AM

93 posts, read 417,990 times
Plantation subdivision is between Lowell & Rogers, however I would avoid that - and I speak from experience. I cannot say Cave Springs would be better, but I would suggest avoided the south side of Rogers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers