Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2022, 05:55 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,211,261 times

Advertisements

I don't want this to get political, but as a newcomer to Bella Vista/Benton county I need some info. I have started to see some political signs popping up. I registered to vote when I changed my driver license about a year ago.

Where can I find info on what elections are coming up and who is running for what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2022, 08:05 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,643,011 times
Well, a good place to start, might be:
https://ballotpedia.org/Arkansas

Old 04-05-2022, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Well, a good place to start, might be:
https://ballotpedia.org/Arkansas
Thanks!

Old 04-06-2022, 04:08 AM

1,601 posts, read 866,022 times
Also, the Benton County Clerk has a lot of resources. Every since they went to two weeks of in-person early voting at any precinct, it's been marvelous. I just duck out at lunch and hit the church near my workplace.

https://vote.bentoncountyar.gov/

Old 04-06-2022, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post
Also, the Benton County Clerk has a lot of resources. Every since they went to two weeks of in-person early voting at any precinct, it's been marvelous. I just duck out at lunch and hit the church near my workplace.

https://vote.bentoncountyar.gov/

Thanks for this info especially where and when I can vote early. Being I am new here I had no idea on where to go.

Old 04-06-2022, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Thanks for this info especially where and when I can vote early. Being I am new here I had no idea on where to go.
I didn't even think about the where and when questions.

I was thinking about "who is running."

The locals around my area insure everyone knows, even if they have to bring you a flyer.

Old 04-07-2022, 04:08 AM

1,601 posts, read 866,022 times
Quote:

As I recall, not EVERY precinct is open the full two weeks, just select ones geographically spaced out. Every precinct is open on election day. That website should have all you need.

Old 04-07-2022, 05:55 AM

Quote:
I didn't even think about the where and when questions.

I was thinking about "who is running."

The locals around my area insure everyone knows, even if they have to bring you a flyer.
The "who is running" is a big reason for asking the original question. As I have been seeing more and more political signs I want to check out the candidates being I am new to this area. My closest neighbor is new also, but has the same political leaning that I have. I am sure my brother and SIL will point out who to vote for, but I want to check them out myself.

I did not get into politics much until about 6 years ago. I was bouncing from state to state working for about 20 years and I did not get to vote much. After I retired I could vote regularly.

Old 04-07-2022, 11:14 AM

Quote:
The "who is running" is a big reason for asking the original question. As I have been seeing more and more political signs I want to check out the candidates being I am new to this area. My closest neighbor is new also, but has the same political leaning that I have. I am sure my brother and SIL will point out who to vote for, but I want to check them out myself.

I did not get into politics much until about 6 years ago. I was bouncing from state to state working for about 20 years and I did not get to vote much. After I retired I could vote regularly.
Good to have neighbors who are agreeable, and a brother not too far away.

Congrats on your retirement, hope is was under better circumstances than mine.
(health)

Old 04-07-2022, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Good to have neighbors who are agreeable, and a brother not too far away.

Congrats on your retirement, hope is was under better circumstances than mine.
(health)
I actually retired a year earlier than I planned due to the stress of my job. One day while going to work (construction superintendent) I didn't know if I was going to have a heart attack or a stroke first. I called and gave my two week notice that day. This was 9 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
View detailed profiles of: