Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2022, 06:21 PM

2,706 posts, read 2,208,930 times

Advertisements

Chick-Fil-a are always back up everywhere!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2022, 10:30 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,128,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLetch1 View Post
Hello all -

I have a few questions, as we are considering a move in the near future. There is 1 other city in Utah we are looking at, but have been to Northwest Arkansas several times over the years, and have fallen in love with it. Just have some questions first..

1 - How prevalent are earthquakes here? I know the New Madrid Fault is on the far eastern side of the state, but how well would NWA feel the damage if an earthquake were to occur there? And are earthquakes common in NWA?

2 - How is crime in Northwest Arkansas? Specifically in Benton County. Are there any areas to avoid? Would it be a place we could feel safe to walk through the neighborhood in the evenings?

3 - Lastly, what(in your opinion) would be the biggest complaint about NWA?

Thank you so much! Anything else you might want to add about the area would be greatly appreciated. We will be coming out for a visit in early November
The only area of Benton County I'd consider possibly having high-ish crime would be SE Rogers, in the older areas south of downtown. Downtown Rogers itself is nice.

Bentonville doesn't really have a crime area. The smaller towns don't either.

The biggest complaint I have about NWA is that it seems to be growing rapidly. But we moved here, too. So can't really complain about that. Just saw that The Meteor Cafe is opening a location in Fayetteville. Occasionally new stuff like that pops up and the growth seems like a good thing again. LOL.

Earthquakes are a non-issue. The New Madrid fault might have a Big One someday, but there are many areas closer which would sustain real damage. I can't imagine it being destructive over this far west.

We felt the smallish fracking quakes. They were more a novelty than anything that caused any damage.

Metro functions like a city of a half-million, with different towns and sections having their own personalities. Most of what is here is sprawl, but each of the big towns has a decent to good downtown area with restaurants and watering holes, and that seems to only be getting better. There is a lot to do here. A surprising amount sometimes.

Old 10-08-2022, 12:48 PM

24 posts, read 43,384 times
1. Earthquakes agent really anything you need to worry about. Most people don't even notice when one hits, they are very minor.
2. Crime is like anywhere else, it depends on the area. I consider Bentonville the safest area to live in that is still close to everything you need. Still has a nice small town feel but plenty of shops, restaurants etc. Rogers can be sketchy in some areas. Springdale use to be a nice town but I've heard about increased gang activity there. Fayetteville is worse than Springdale for crime. I personally wouldn't go back to living in the Springdale/ Fayetteville area. I'd stick to Bentonville, then Rogers.
3. Biggest complaints are traffic, what use to take 10 minutes can take 30+ at certain times now. Next would be cost of living/ rent prices. Rent is getting ridiculous, it's on par with big cities now and has priced a lot of people out of the area. Sale prices on houses also seem to have doubled over night. Houses bought a couple of years ago for $80,000-$125,000 are now selling for $250,000 +. What use to buy you a huge modern house on a couple of acres, now gets you a 20 year old, unupdated house on a small lot.

If you like biking or waking trails this is the area for you. The trail system is amazing.

I personally don't recommend anyone moving into the area anymore, unless they are coming in for a high paying job. There are plenty of other areas in the US you can live cheaper and have access to just as much or more.

We are planning on moving out of the area next year. Ready for a change and tired of the freezing winters.

Old 10-08-2022, 01:36 PM

31 posts, read 26,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommabroyles View Post
We are planning on moving out of the area next year. Ready for a change and tired of the freezing winters.
Where do you intend on going just curious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers