Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2023, 02:58 AM

1 posts, read 3,900 times

Advertisements

Some months ago in October, I received words from my job about potentially moving “onsite” to the client in Arkansas.

So I was researching some schools to attend or best school districts. Usually when my daughter is being educated in a public school, I try to find the best or close enough one and move to whatever area that is zoned for it.

Finding a school with interesting programming, extra curricular activities and in a safe neighborhood. (I just want her to have a better start than I had when I was growing up). I found and applied for Haas hall. We were recently offered a seat. I no longer have a job contract out there though since December layoff. Initially we were going to move in mid to late February for the old contract.

So I was considering if I would move there anyway for school and find a job.

Right now we are mobile with no ties to anywhere since the pandemic. So my plan to go to where ever a job is.

I’ve been applying for remote, Cali, South Dakota and now Arkansas to see what I can shake or at least get some interview offers.

I wonder if anyone can help with:

- suggestion of places to apply besides Walmart in Bentonville and places in Fayetteville? I mean specific company names.
- Any local job classifieds besides indeed? Such as dedicated section on websites of a new station or a local job board.
- Websites of local Agencies that offer placement or temporary work.

Last edited by noiz; 03-05-2023 at 03:01 AM.. Reason: Full post was not posted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2023, 06:14 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,282,508 times
If you posted what field you work in, you might get more help.

Old 03-07-2023, 03:42 AM

1,600 posts, read 864,677 times
As Sarahsez...said, knowing what you do might help. That being said, NWA has a wealth of jobs with multiple Fortune 500 companies based here as well as just about every consumer products company having a vendor office here because of Walmart.

As for temporary and placement outfits, Insight Global has an office in Bentonville. Easily googled by name.

Old 03-09-2023, 08:36 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,128,379 times
The Big 4 employers in Northwest Arkansas are Walmart, Tyson Foods (HQ), JB Hunt, and the University of Arkansas. There is also a large medical community with several large hospitals.

Tertiary to those, many vendors to Walmart (as they are a global powerhouse) have significant offices in Northwest Arkansas to service their number one client.

There are tech start-ups in Bentonville and Fayetteville as well.

Arvest is a huge bank with many locations. Harps grocery is located in Springdale.

Bentonville has the highest rated schools of the big four towns. Fayetteville is second.

Charters are all over the place, and there are several good college prep private academies, too. Arkansas just passed school vouchers which will give you $7,500 to put towards your child's education in a private school if you so choose.

Hope that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers