Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2008, 09:17 AM

7 posts, read 20,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchopanzo View Post
I just received a job offer which I accepted with Walmart Home Office. I now live in LA, and have been reading over this forum the last couple days.

I can't wait to move out to Bentonville. I've lived in California all my 26 y
ears.
When you get to Walmart Country and you get tired of the hustle and bustle and want to be surrounded by the peacful quiet noises of the river, I have a great home for sale on the War Eagle River. It would totally take you away after dealing with the deals that Walmart will bring you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 11:20 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
I'd love for more people from CA to move to central AR.

I used to think I wanted to live in CA but I think it's one of those places I'd love to visit but couldn't really live there.
The cost of living is just way too high.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:04 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,761,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
I'd love for more people from CA to move to central AR.

I used to think I wanted to live in CA but I think it's one of those places I'd love to visit but couldn't really live there.
The cost of living is just way too high.
I'm still waiting for home prices out there to plunge to record levels so we can go out there!! LOL not really but if I was to think about leaving AR again, it would probably be to SoCal. Both the wife and I love it out there but I would imagine the weather would get boring after a while and I don't like the thought of wildfires. But yeah, excellent place for extended visits!!

Old 12-22-2008, 03:01 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
I'm still waiting for home prices out there to plunge to record levels so we can go out there!! LOL not really but if I was to think about leaving AR again, it would probably be to SoCal. Both the wife and I love it out there but I would imagine the weather would get boring after a while and I don't like the thought of wildfires. But yeah, excellent place for extended visits!!
stormcrow, visiting is one thing, living there another: Not only are there fires, occassional floods, earthquakes, but there are so many people you can find yourself sometimes, high crime, high cost of living, smog, etc. I could go on and on. It is very pretty much of the time, they have the L.A Dodgers which is a positive plus USC football and you can go to the ocean or skiiing no matter where you live plus fishing, good dining and see lots of kookie people, I wouldn't go back if they paid me.

Nita

Old 12-22-2008, 03:15 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,761,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
stormcrow, visiting is one thing, living there another: Not only are there fires, occassional floods, earthquakes, but there are so many people you can find yourself sometimes, high crime, high cost of living, smog, etc. I could go on and on. It is very pretty much of the time, they have the L.A Dodgers which is a positive plus USC football and you can go to the ocean or skiiing no matter where you live plus fishing, good dining and see lots of kookie people, I wouldn't go back if they paid me.

Nita
Well, I seriously doubt I could live there for very long. I couldn't stand the thought of being cooped up into a tiny house on a tiny lot with little to no yard and being trapped within that swarm of people. LR's big enough, thank you very much! I still dream of getting out of here one day and getting back into the hills with a ton of land around me like I grew up! Part of me is really sad I denied that opportunity for my sons that I had, the freedom to roam and discover nature and the mostly unspoiled world around us.

Anyway...I hate baseball so the Dodgers I could care less about. I AM however a Kings fan and have watched the Ducks play in Anaheim!

Old 12-22-2008, 05:17 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
Well, I seriously doubt I could live there for very long. I couldn't stand the thought of being cooped up into a tiny house on a tiny lot with little to no yard and being trapped within that swarm of people. LR's big enough, thank you very much! I still dream of getting out of here one day and getting back into the hills with a ton of land around me like I grew up! Part of me is really sad I denied that opportunity for my sons that I had, the freedom to roam and discover nature and the mostly unspoiled world around us.

Anyway...I hate baseball so the Dodgers I could care less about. I AM however a Kings fan and have watched the Ducks play in Anaheim!
ok, you can hate the Dodgers as long as you like the Kings. I am not a hockey fan but somewhat a basketball fan. Football is my first sport love and baseball next.

Nita

Old 12-22-2008, 11:00 PM

9,421 posts, read 11,170,102 times
1. Cheap land.
2. Not regulated to the point of suicide by self-strangulation.
3. Compared to California's fuhrers, the level of functioning by state and local governments make it look like you've died and gone to heaven.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:26 AM

2,883 posts, read 5,892,164 times
I live in California.

What I don't get....what's the sudden appeal in the last 10 years?

If you graphed California livability of the last 30-50 years, it seemed pretty steady up until about 8-12 years ago. Then it's like the graph went off the page. It's like everyone woke up and decided to come to California.

Where were all these people in the 80's and 90's?

Old 12-24-2008, 03:36 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post

Where were all these people in the 80's and 90's?
Mexico!

Old 12-26-2008, 04:59 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,317 posts, read 8,656,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous political junky View Post
mexico!:d
:d :d :d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers