Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 10:52 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,209,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertheironsea View Post
I'm 23 and still haven't finished college as well. When the time comes, I'm sure I'll have just as much of a right to **** and moan about not finding a teaching job as anyone else would. But that's not going to change a thing--the South is getting filled with yankees and there's nothing I or anyone else can do about it. There are good people and bad people that come with that. I put up with it just like anyone else does. Is there a magic, mystical place where everything is just like I like it and the people are exactly like I want them to be? Yeah. It's called Heaven. Until I get there, I'll just shut up and enjoy what I have before there's only 10 or 15 Southern people left south of Kentucky, Missouri, and Virginia. Northwest Arkansas is nice to visit, but honestly, you guys can have it. Enjoy it.
Amen.......

I hope y'all click that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 06:11 PM

350 posts, read 1,288,626 times
They are flocking in even greater numbers to Texas - DFW, Austin, San Antonio, etc because of a ridiculous difference in cost of living and ample job availability. It's nearly a mass migration.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:56 PM

1,356 posts, read 6,026,786 times
Are there still great numbers coming to AR and TX since home prices dropped so dramatically? From my perspective in California I am seeing a lot fewer people leave right now.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:01 PM

572 posts, read 2,486,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niners fan View Post
Are there still great numbers coming to AR and TX since home prices dropped so dramatically? From my perspective in California I am seeing a lot fewer people leave right now.
The reason for less people leaving CA is because they no longer can get a million dollars for a house that is worth maybe $250,000 those days are gone. Arizona is also slowing down as far as CA people moving to.
I live in AZ and the values have come way down.
This is my Home (http://www.newtohavasu.net/ - broken link)

Old 06-17-2008, 08:00 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
I'm leaving California and avoiding the Norhtwest because I don't want to move to "Cali-lite". I want to live in an area where my 12 yo can't walk into a clinic and have a major medical procedure and be told "this is none of your Parent's business". I want to live in an area where I can speak English and be understood. I want to live an area that is green and not concrete as far as the eye can see. I would also like to live in an area where there is a chance that I can actually own my home and not depend on the kindness ( or lack thereof) of a greedy landlord, with having to make an outrageous salary. Lastly, I'd like to live in an area where people still have character and integrity. I realize that last part won't be known until I actually get there, but I have faith.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:29 PM

1,356 posts, read 6,026,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havasu View Post
The reason for less people leaving CA is because they no longer can get a million dollars for a house that is worth maybe $250,000 those days are gone.
Agreed. That's why I asked if Arkansans are seeing less Californians moving there now.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:36 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
all those erik estrada chips 77 "ponch" tv commerials advertising that part of the country as a retirement spot?

pdclipart.com
free clipart

Old 06-17-2008, 08:42 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I'm leaving California and avoiding the Norhtwest because I don't want to move to "Cali-lite". I want to live in an area where my 12 yo can't walk into a clinic and have a major medical procedure and be told "this is none of your Parent's business". I want to live in an area where I can speak English and be understood. I want to live an area that is green and not concrete as far as the eye can see. I would also like to live in an area where there is a chance that I can actually own my home and not depend on the kindness ( or lack thereof) of a greedy landlord, with having to make an outrageous salary. Lastly, I'd like to live in an area where people still have character and integrity. I realize that last part won't be known until I actually get there, but I have faith.
Hopefully you will get all that and more when you get here. So far, after a short week we are in heaven. sure we know the honeymoon will end, but I can't say enough about Arkansas. Lower cost of living, nice people, trees and green everywhere plus it is quiet, peaceful and clean. The clean part is what is imprssing us so much.

The only sad thing so far, our 8 year old, absolutely wonderful Springer Spanial is missing. We built a dog run, her managed to get out and now hasn't been seen for a couple of days. We will keep praying for his safety, keep checking everywhere we can and just hope, if he doesn't come home, he finds a wonderful mommy and daddy. He is the funniest and friendliest dog in the world plus very smart.

Nita

Old 06-17-2008, 08:53 PM

9 posts, read 25,525 times
We are moving there from Orange County in a couple of weeks...

My wife grew up there and I've been traveling back for 13 years. Fallen in love with all of it, including the cost of living.

Woo pig.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:26 PM

746 posts, read 3,727,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aporkalypse View Post
They are flocking in even greater numbers to Texas - DFW, Austin, San Antonio, etc because of a ridiculous difference in cost of living and ample job availability. It's nearly a mass migration.
Well, they originally came from Oklahoma(Californians), so, in that sense, they are just going back home again....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers