Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2010, 07:37 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
The nuts make life exciting, Nita. And the best part: They don't ask what church I attend.
of course they do, what would our lives be like without any controvery? Oh, and btw, do you think everyone here in AR asks you what church you attend? If you do, you are right..

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 08:32 AM

1,465 posts, read 5,146,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
my brother in law's dad owns like 20 houses in arkansas lol dont know where exactly..(he rents them out) but he goes there a few times a year to check in on things. Apparently for the price of one house here u can get like 5 massive estates there hahahaha
sad part is the houses he owns there are all huge, i've seen pics.. 4-5 bedrooms minimum each, huge backyards on big lots. the house he lives in here is a tiny 3 bedroom house
I have a completely different interpretation of his choice of living. Instead of I will give it a

Old 06-21-2010, 08:45 AM

731 posts, read 1,367,885 times
Nobody in Arkansas has asked me where I go to church. Most people don't stick their nose into others business without cause.

Now, Fontucky from California immediately starts pushing his religious views.

Quote:
The nuts make life exciting, Nita. And the best part: They don't ask what church I attend.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenoter View Post
Nobody in Arkansas has asked me where I go to church. Most people don't stick their nose into others business without cause.

golly I hope we are not going to turn this into a discussion about religion. I will say, I am a bit surprised at your comment. The first couple of weeks we lived here I was shopping the garage sale circuit and everyplace I stopped, when I told them I was new, I got asked about church, did I have one, would I like to visit theirs etc, even in McAdoogles of all places. Since then the subject of where do you go to church comes up all the time. No one is pushy about it, but they do ask..Even I will, on occassion ask someone, what church do you attend?

Nita

Old 06-21-2010, 09:20 AM

837 posts, read 2,249,173 times
Well, I certainly wouldn't say "everyone in Arkansas" asks. Here in LR I've never been asked, and I certainly don't do any asking!

Old 06-21-2010, 09:34 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
Quote:

Before I moved to Oklahoma from socal the almost universal response (except from one nice lady who was from OK) was why would you want to move there????? It's funny, being pagan, I got "prayed for" a number of times in Riverside. Here nobody has asked, or appears bothered. There are a few... like the one guy who wanted the "good" Christians to rise up and take over" who are the local version of the nuts, but people here seem to be much more inclined to let it be. Sounds like Arkansas is not so different.

As to *why*, part of it is what's written above.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:35 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Quote:

THAT was "pushing his religious views"?

I apparently touched a nerve. Yipeee for me.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:39 AM

731 posts, read 1,367,885 times
No. I just don't care where you go to church.

Quote:
THAT was "pushing his religious views"?

I apparently touched a nerve. Yipeee for me.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:41 AM

837 posts, read 2,249,173 times
or if you do at all.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:01 PM

Think Fontucky was just saying what he did in jest.

Anyway, I guess some of you live in areas where people don't care where you go to church, that's fine, most here don't either and am not insulted when someone asks me. I don't think it's a big deal..

When they start knocking on my door and telling me I will soon go to HELL if I don't think their way, well that will upset me, cause I am going to HELL probably but I didn't want them to know..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers