Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 09:58 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,247,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I'm tired of going to restaurants that all taste like the back of a Sysco truck. What NW AR and SW MO need are restaurants where the people actually COOK the food from scratch instead of opening a can of this or a frozen box of that and passing it off as real food. Yeech!

The Front Porch in Yellville is a great restaurant. If they use Sysco, you can't tell it.

20yrsinBranson
That will be difficult to find in this day and age, especially in cookie cutter places like NWA. Bennigans, Applebees, Chilis, Fridays, Outback, etc, etc, etc is all the same crap in a different package. And they charge a downright fortune. $12 for a crappy burger? Come on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 04:17 PM

529 posts, read 1,650,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Cheesecake Factory is comming to the Pinnacle area next year. Will be the first one in the state. NWA is an unusually small market for them so it's surprising. I was hoping Little Rock would get it, but specialty chains usually test the waters in NWA first. Other than that, the Pinnacle area has become oversaturated and a few chains are starting to close up shop.
The latest I had heard is that Cheesecake Factory had backed out of it's plan to come to NWA. Have they changed their minds again?

Old 10-29-2008, 05:46 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,062,717 times
$12.00 for a feaking burger ! yikes. I go to a little place in my state and my wife and I split an order of fries and we get a chargrilled cheeseburger each and the total bill is under 6 bucks. The place is not a chain but chain restaurants can have good food at times.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:47 PM

412 posts, read 1,751,550 times
I can't believe that people want more chain restaurants, disgusting! I can't even remember the last time I had any fast food. I've never been on the Arkansas thing before. Why wouldn't you want good local restaurants that use fresh food, and no that does not mean they are exspensive. Fast food does not even taste good to me. Besides the fact that it's probably the culprit for this obesity crisis. Okay I have been to the cheesecake factory a couple of times but, seriously?

Old 10-29-2008, 07:00 PM

111 posts, read 503,897 times
I would like more and better chinese and Indian food. Some health food places wouldn't hurt. I love the fried stuff, but you need a break sometimes. Homestyle stuff is good too.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:36 PM

165 posts, read 524,416 times
Fayetteville has plenty of local flavor. To name a few:

Hugos • Catfish Hole • Tim's Pizza • Powerhouse Seafood • A Taste of Thai • Cable Car Pizza • Noodles Italian Kitchen • Cajun Gypsy • Hogwild Pizzeria • Penguin Ed's BBQ • Tim's Pizza • Common Grounds • Cafe Rue Orleans • Momma Dean's Soul Kitchen • Bangkok • Elenita's Mexican cafe • Greenhouse Grille • Hogs Breath Eatery • Herman's Ribhouse • Rick's Iron Skillet • Foghorns • Slim Chicken's • Ella's • Mermaids • On The Rocks • Restaurant on the Corner (ROTC) • Josés • Rollin' Pin Cafe • Picasso's • Kobé • Wasabi • Hoffbrau Steakhouse • Ye Olde King Pizza • Flying Burrito • The Gypsy • Wilma's Resturant • Uncle Gaylord's Mountain Cafe • Emelia's Kitchen • Lou Lou's Fish Shack • Meadow Street Bar & Grille • Jammin' Java • Little Bread Company • Las Fajitas Mexican Grill • Boar's Nest Bar-B-Que • Chloe • Arsaga's • The Left Bank • Taponazos • AQ Chicken House • Boi De Ouro • Elenitas Mexican Cafe • Pesto Cafe • Sook & Sungs • Madame Wu's • Las Palmas • Razorback Pizza • Meaux Dad's • and on and on ...

Some better than others, but all worth at least a try if your seeking out independent, locally owned eats.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:44 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,247,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timtheman View Post
I would like more and better chinese and Indian food. Some health food places wouldn't hurt. I love the fried stuff, but you need a break sometimes. Homestyle stuff is good too.
I would like to see some health food here in Little Rock too. We have absolutely nothing here either. Us people in the south love our fattening foods.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:18 PM

165 posts, read 524,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timtheman View Post
For healthy eating that supports organic and locally produced products, try Greenhouse Grille next time your in Fayetteville. From Arkansas shrimp to organic vegetables to free range and naturally raised meats to organic beers / wines, this place is unique and worth a try. www.greenhousegrille.com

Old 10-30-2008, 06:25 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,758,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognoxious View Post
Fayetteville has plenty of local flavor. To name a few:

Hugos • Catfish Hole • Tim's Pizza • Powerhouse Seafood • A Taste of Thai • Cable Car Pizza • Noodles Italian Kitchen • Cajun Gypsy • Hogwild Pizzeria • Penguin Ed's BBQ • Tim's Pizza • Common Grounds • Cafe Rue Orleans • Momma Dean's Soul Kitchen • Bangkok • Elenita's Mexican cafe • Greenhouse Grille • Hogs Breath Eatery • Herman's Ribhouse • Rick's Iron Skillet • Foghorns • Slim Chicken's • Ella's • Mermaids • On The Rocks • Restaurant on the Corner (ROTC) • Josés • Rollin' Pin Cafe • Picasso's • Kobé • Wasabi • Hoffbrau Steakhouse • Ye Olde King Pizza • Flying Burrito • The Gypsy • Wilma's Resturant • Uncle Gaylord's Mountain Cafe • Emelia's Kitchen • Lou Lou's Fish Shack • Meadow Street Bar & Grille • Jammin' Java • Little Bread Company • Las Fajitas Mexican Grill • Boar's Nest Bar-B-Que • Chloe • Arsaga's • The Left Bank • Taponazos • AQ Chicken House • Boi De Ouro • Elenitas Mexican Cafe • Pesto Cafe • Sook & Sungs • Madame Wu's • Las Palmas • Razorback Pizza • Meaux Dad's • and on and on ...

Some better than others, but all worth at least a try if your seeking out independent, locally owned eats.
Did you get Siam Palace in Bentonville in that list??? Locally owned, fresh ingredients, great place!

Old 10-30-2008, 08:06 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
$12.00 for a feaking burger ! yikes. I go to a little place in my state and my wife and I split an order of fries and we get a chargrilled cheeseburger each and the total bill is under 6 bucks. The place is not a chain but chain restaurants can have good food at times.
I really haven't seen anyplace where, even top of the line hambugers are $12.00..maybe I have just missed them, $7.00 or $8.00 yes, but not $12.00. Bring us In and Out burgers please!!!!!!!!

Hognixous, how is Catfish hole? I have heard they have frog legs and i love em....

NIta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers