Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2008, 11:22 PM

609 posts, read 2,117,853 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of relocating to Bella Vista. Used to live in central Texas, too much humidity and high property taxes. Moved to Arizona but maybe not our spot.

Tell us straight up about Bella Vista.
Property taxes, housing prices, humidity, friendlyness of the people, cost of living, alergies and on and on and on...........

Can you compare the area to central Arizona and to central Texas??
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 10:34 AM

908 posts, read 2,853,373 times
I'll leave it to others to give the gritty details, but..... I hope you like golf! It's unusual in that it's somewhere between and town and an association. People still pay dues to the association for their lot as far as I know. I have three different friends that lived further south on the 71 corridor (Lowell, Fayetteville) and they all moved their families to Bella Vista. It was looked on as a retirement area, but I think that's changed somewhat over the years. It's beautiful, I can tell you that. A little far from the closest big mall (some would see that as a benefit.) but plenty of amenities available locally. Within day trip range of some fun places like Branson, Eureka Springs, Beaver Lake and now you've got jet service out of Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport.

Old 11-15-2008, 01:08 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregandvicky View Post
We are thinking of relocating to Bella Vista. Used to live in central Texas, too much humidity and high property taxes. Moved to Arizona but maybe not our spot.

Tell us straight up about Bella Vista.
Property taxes, housing prices, humidity, friendlyness of the people, cost of living, alergies and on and on and on...........

Can you compare the area to central Arizona and to central Texas??
I might be a pretty good person to help as we lived in Dallas for 13 years and NM for 7 before moving here...We left DAllas because of the heat and humidlity as well as property taxes and insurance. I don't know if you are retired, but if so, you should be very happy here. Even if you are not retired, there are more families moving in all the time...

Property taxes are great and after 65 the price is frozen, thus you don't have to worry about huge increases. Ar does have a pretty healthy sales tax...
Housing prices are all over the place, depeding on what you are looking for, I will give you an idea, we moved here 6 months ago, we have 1700 sq ft, about a 1/3 of an acre, 3 bedrooms 2 plus baths and the house if 13 years old. We live in the Highlands area which is a little pricier than some of the areas closer to hwy 71. It is great living up here, but sometimes I wish we were closer to 71..We paid under $150,000. If you want to live on the lake you are talking about a min of $225,000 if you can get something for that, if you are looking at town houses, you can spend as little as $90,000 or as much as $200.000. Of course lots of the golf courses are pricier as well, but all in all we are amazed at what you get for the money.

People are people everywhere..How friendly they are depends pretty much on your outlook on life. There are zillions of clubs, everything from church afflications to bridge, fishing clubs, new comers groups, you name it.

Even though we do have humidity, after living in Texas it seems like nothing. I hope this helps, we came to visit and check the place out about 18 months ago, got a super realtor, thought we would look at some other areas as well, but feel so in love with Bella Vista nothing could compare...

Nita

Old 11-15-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziaAirmac View Post
I'll leave it to others to give the gritty details, but..... I hope you like golf! It's unusual in that it's somewhere between and town and an association. People still pay dues to the association for their lot as far as I know. I have three different friends that lived further south on the 71 corridor (Lowell, Fayetteville) and they all moved their families to Bella Vista. It was looked on as a retirement area, but I think that's changed somewhat over the years. It's beautiful, I can tell you that. A little far from the closest big mall (some would see that as a benefit.) but plenty of amenities available locally. Within day trip range of some fun places like Branson, Eureka Springs, Beaver Lake and now you've got jet service out of Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport.
Am not going to get into a lenghty dicussion about this, but the dues we pay cover a heck of a lot more than golf...and, not everyone golfs here, in fact it is probably about 50/50, maybe a few more golfers than that...

NIta

Old 11-15-2008, 06:25 PM

908 posts, read 2,853,373 times
Oh, I didn't mean to suggest that there was a direct connection between the fees and the golf. Moderator cut: edit

Last edited by Sam I Am; 11-16-2008 at 03:50 AM.. Reason: nmnita's post came up twice - that's why she mentioned a duplicate post - it's been removed

Old 11-16-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziaAirmac View Post
Oh, I didn't mean to suggest that there was a direct connection between the fees and the golf. Moderator cut: edit
sorry Zia, when I re-read your message I thought I may have mis-understood you.

Nita

Old 11-25-2008, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,732 times
Help! I am thinking of moving to Bella Vista. My husband and I are from NJ. We currently renting an apartment in Lowell. I have no friends or family here, and I also have a 3 year old son. Is Bella Vista the place for me? I would appreciate any input.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd3696 View Post
Help! I am thinking of moving to Bella Vista. My husband and I are from NJ. We currently renting an apartment in Lowell. I have no friends or family here, and I also have a 3 year old son. Is Bella Vista the place for me? I would appreciate any input.
Bella Vista used to be, strictly a retirement community but is changing rapidly. In fact just yesterday it was announced one of our golf courses is going to close and be re-opens more like a family center..The reason, the changing demographics. Younger people are moving in thus there are not as many avid golfers. There are still plenty, but there are needs for other recreation as well. One thing that is being discussed, more fishing facilities.

I would suggest, with a little one you think of living on the east side of hwy 71. There are more families with younger kids there. The west side is a bit older both housing and age-wise..

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers