Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2009, 08:56 AM

4 posts, read 14,176 times

Advertisements

Will be in Rogers/Bentonville/Springdale area in February, first visit in this area.
Being from Canada we have never been to this part of the USA. We will be there for 3 days I was wondering if anyone could help us out by recommending scenic drives and things to do & see in this area.
What is the cost of living, property taxes in this area, what it is to know about this area (we are looking to relocate to NW Arkansas), what is the weather like????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 11:40 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,757,854 times
February is kind of a tough time to visit, IMO but since that's when you'll be in town, we'll deal with that! February can vary between downright springlike for brief periods to modest snowstorms. It will typically be fairly cool.

For scenic drives, I would recommend:

1) Pig Trail South to I-40 and back to Fayetteville via either old US71 or I540. The Pig Trail is Highway 23 and runs across the Boston Plateau (the highest part of the Ozark Mountains). You can reach it by taking Highway 16 east from Fayetteville. The Pig Trail is routinely used by motorcyclists as a scenic getaway and also a common method for Little Rockers to get to Fayetteville for Razorback football games. When you reach I-40, go west towards Fort Smith. US 71 is a semi-scenic route back north to Fayetteville. I'd however recommend the more expedient but still fairly scenic I540. Total round trip time- about 2.5 hours

2)Visit War Eagle Mill: Whole grain recipe, Cornmeal and Corn Flour While you're out there, head on out Highway 12 East to hit Highway 23 north and visit Eureka Springs: Eureka Springs, The Extraordinary Escape. Plan to get to Eureka fairly early in the day. Even though it'll be the offseason there's still plenty to see in town. The Mud Street Cafe is a great place for a coffee and/or lunch: Eureka Springs, Arkansas Restaurant - Mud Street Cafe However, if it's espresso you're in the mood for, stick to lunch only at Mud Street and head up the hill about a block to the Eureka Coffee Company! Eureka Coffee Company & Cafe- Eureka Springs, AR (unfortunately, I'm not 100% sure they stay open year around so check in on them first).

3)Take in a bit of civil war history at either Prairie Grove or Pea Ridge Battlefields

4)Go ice skating at the Jones Center. Sounds mundane...but not when you consider that this ice rink is quite probably the ONLY free public ice in the United States...

Old 01-30-2009, 01:01 PM

4 posts, read 14,176 times
Thank you for all replies!

Old 01-30-2009, 01:26 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,757,854 times
Meant to put this in there earlier but forgot:

5) Visit the current temporary home of Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art (Crystal Bridges - Museum of American Art - Bentonville, Arkansas) at the Massey Building in Bentonville Crystal Bridges at the Massey Building.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:39 PM

93 posts, read 417,819 times
Don't forget the Wal-Mart museum in Bentonville!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers