Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 06:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strumpeace View Post
And the point of your post is what? To lecture me? Come off it.
nope certainly not, I was pointing out, what information we have available to us isn't always what people living other places see on a daily bais..

What was your point on posting the comment? I could ask you the same thing.

I fell when someone asks a question it is a nice thing to either just answer it or refrain from saying anything.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 07:36 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,313,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I fell when someone asks a question it is a nice thing to either just answer it or refrain from saying anything.
Exactly. So don't critique my posts.

Don't worry about how I answer questions unless you're the one asking the question. I'm sure the OP is a big boy or big girl and can let me know if he/she doesn't like my answer. (BTW, I provided a very helpful answer. Not only did I confirm the initial question, I gave additional info about the most recent round of layoffs.)

Old 02-24-2009, 07:50 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,758,624 times
Quote:

Don't worry about how I answer questions unless you're the one asking the question. I'm sure the OP is a big boy or big girl and can let me know if he/she doesn't like my answer. (BTW, I provided a very helpful answer. Not only did I confirm the initial question, I gave additional info about the most recent round of layoffs.)
There's nothing on Arkansas Business (who was one of the first to report the initial lay-off) or any other print media source I've been able to find concerning any additional lay-offs at this point. Do you have a source other than something you heard on NPR? Not saying I don't believe you but I looked and have yet to see anything.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:25 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,749,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
Where have you been? This has already been released for about two weeks now...
I've been stuck in Louisiana, unfortunately.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:26 PM

93 posts, read 417,861 times
Quote:
The 800 layoffs happened a few weeks ago. It's outdated news. In fact, this morning, NPR had a story about an additional 200 layoffs that apparently just happened.
This is INCORRECT.
Walmart Layoffs Complete - Employees Speak (http://nwahomepage.com/content/fulltext/?cid=71871 - broken link)

Link to a local news article with the correct numbers and dates.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:50 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,932,278 times
Kind of funny.here in Florida never heard about it,usually here it on CNN.Didn't see it in paper.Maybe a house cleaning issue.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:02 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,756,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yes, Wal-Mart GO has been cleaning house. New CEO, and Wal-Mart tends to do this about every seven or eight years. They get overstaffed, and clean house. While I'm sure the economy weighed in on the scope of the lay-offs. I know two of the people laid-off this time, both hired during the past year, so no seniority, but some people who were laid-off had worked there much longer.
Funny to me that, if you look at the list of the RICHEST people in the USA, the Walton family always has 4 of the top 10 spots! Yet they don't pay anything to employees and they lay off people who worked for them a very long time. That is why people hate the rich so much these days.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:21 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,112,180 times
Quote:

I agree with nmnita. It is unnecessary to put someone down simply because you knew about something before they did. And attacking her for pointing out how unnecessary your put down was shows another example of immaturity on your part.

It is possible to disseminate information without disrespecting the questioner.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:59 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Funny to me that, if you look at the list of the RICHEST people in the USA, the Walton family always has 4 of the top 10 spots! Yet they don't pay anything to employees and they lay off people who worked for them a very long time. That is why people hate the rich so much these days.
I am sure you know enough about big business to know periodically companies rebuild and re-organize. I may not like it, you may not, but it happens. Several years ago I was involved in a similar re-organization and yes, it was a company owned by one of the wealthiest and most famous families in the country. I did not hold them responsible, it is the management at the time, not the family that holds the name...By the way, many who gotg laid off at Wal-Mart, in fact most were management. They get paid plenty, believe me..I live near several of them.

Nita

Old 02-24-2009, 08:49 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,756,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am sure you know enough about big business to know periodically companies rebuild and re-organize. I may not like it, you may not, but it happens. Several years ago I was involved in a similar re-organization and yes, it was a company owned by one of the wealthiest and most famous families in the country. I did not hold them responsible, it is the management at the time, not the family that holds the name...By the way, many who gotg laid off at Wal-Mart, in fact most were management. They get paid plenty, believe me..I live near several of them.

Nita
That is no excuse for the way these corporations treat employees like garbage. And I am not just talking about Wal*Mart. Even if they are managers, where are they going to get other jobs in NW Arkansas? It isn't like there is any other major employer around there for them to work for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers