Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 06:44 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,262,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreene777 View Post
BV is incorporated now. Anyone telling you houses are more expensive is a retiree trying to keep you from moving your noisy kids into their 'hood. The houses are the cheapest in the NWA area per square foot, but there are other costs involved to consider. The electric is a cooperative and the water is more expensive than in other municipalities. Also, if you are not close to Hwy71/540, your home will be on septic, not sewer. We just moved from BV to Bentonville and our house is almost twice as big, yet the water, trash and electric bill each month is less than the electric bill alone from our BV home. There is also a POA membership fee that is mandatory for ALL property owners. Developed lots are considerably higher than un-developed lots. Most subdivisions in NWA have POAs that enforce membership fees and those vary greatly. The biggest problems we had with living in BV were the grumpy old people that wouldn't even wave when you passed on the street, the lack of stores, restaurants and entertainment, and the traffic at peak hours. Watch for the swerving greyhairs when you get into Bella Vista; they will smack you with their Oldsmobile and never know it.

Winter stinks if you live "out" in certain parts of BV. We lived close to Lake Windsor and any time it clouded up during the winter, the sides of the hills became impassable in anything less than a 4x4. There are some un-paved back roads that can get some people closer to their homes, but LOTS of people end up walking if they don't head home early enough.
I may be one of those old grumpy people you are talking about by this time next year. I don't beleive all the "old grumpy people" in BV are grumpy and I don't believe old people have the market on grumpiness. Just moving from there you must be aware the population of retirees to younger families is changing daily. Why are the younger people moving it if it is as bad as you say and why the new school? Obviously there are things about BV that do not appeal to you. Maybe someone didn't like your wild party or maybe your kids were driving the neighbors crazy. As for the POA, I admit I had never heard of that before until we visited. It is only $24 per month, but to me, that is like raising property taxes $300 per year.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2007, 08:26 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,262,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreene777 View Post
BV is incorporated now. Anyone telling you houses are more expensive is a retiree trying to keep you from moving your noisy kids into their 'hood. The houses are the cheapest in the NWA area per square foot, but there are other costs involved to consider. The electric is a cooperative and the water is more expensive than in other municipalities. Also, if you are not close to Hwy71/540, your home will be on septic, not sewer. We just moved from BV to Bentonville and our house is almost twice as big, yet the water, trash and electric bill each month is less than the electric bill alone from our BV home. There is also a POA membership fee that is mandatory for ALL property owners. Developed lots are considerably higher than un-developed lots. Most subdivisions in NWA have POAs that enforce membership fees and those vary greatly. The biggest problems we had with living in BV were the grumpy old people that wouldn't even wave when you passed on the street, the lack of stores, restaurants and entertainment, and the traffic at peak hours. Watch for the swerving greyhairs when you get into Bella Vista; they will smack you with their Oldsmobile and never know it.

Winter stinks if you live "out" in certain parts of BV. We lived close to Lake Windsor and any time it clouded up during the winter, the sides of the hills became impassable in anything less than a 4x4. There are some un-paved back roads that can get some people closer to their homes, but LOTS of people end up walking if they don't head home early enough.
We have visited there and haven't found anything the way you are putting it. Of course there are seniors, guess what? Did it ever dawn on you that one day you may be a "grumpy old person"? Or did it dawn on you maybe you played your music too loud or your kids were driving the neighbors crazy. If it is so bad why are they building a new school and why has the demographics changed so much in the past few years? I beleive the latest studies show only 37% of the population are retired compared to about 60 or more a few years ago. I am glad you have found Bentonville so much better that living in BV. Thanks for the information on housing. It is nice to know many of the houses we have looked at may be able to be purchased for thousands of dollars less than the asking price. Or at least that is the impression I get from what you are saying. Oh, as far as no restaurants, I guess this is true, but I have heard the golf courses all have places to eat, there are a few other places in BV and I don't think it takes more than a few minutes to get to Bentonville.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers