Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 07:35 PM

25 posts, read 86,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
Your children are safe with the non poisonous ones, which is more than can be said about many dogs.
I don't know, I would think that children would be safe around non poisonous dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 08:44 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,050,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needing more View Post
My son got his first lesson when he was 4 yo when he grabbed a small garter snake here in MI and it bite him and actually tore a small hole in his hand from it..

Total BS, I don't buy it, garder snakes don't have teeth and they can't bite holes in you. There bites are no different then being bit by a lizard.

busta

Old 09-14-2009, 10:20 PM

271 posts, read 251,490 times
I don't try to figure out which is which I just kill them all. I also use the catch glue make a box that is thin put it up against a wall and if they crawl in they are stuck. I pick up the box and chuck them in the dumpster. One less breader. I don't hate them but I am not interested enough and just plain don't care to learn which is which. It is easy to just cut the heads off and chuck them. I never have to worry if I let a dangersous one get away.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:28 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I think the snakes prefer the hotter temperatures. there are no snakes in Maine and Alaska.
This guy in Alaska removes the snakes that aren't there:

Alaska Animal Control, AK

and somebody seems to think that Maine has timber rattlesnakes:

WikiAnswers - How many types of snakes are in Maine

Old 09-15-2009, 01:17 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Default 2 more

I found 2 more guys in one of the sticky things today: one was a black kid with a yellow collar and the other, black with yellow stripes.

I just googled and found out they both appear to be pretty harmless.

Nita

Old 09-15-2009, 01:42 PM

278 posts, read 1,001,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
Total BS, I don't buy it, garder snakes don't have teeth and they can't bite holes in you. There bites are no different then being bit by a lizard.

busta
I watched him grab the garter snake and I had to get it off his hand. He had a small puncture hole in the side of his hand which scabed up w/in a few days.. I dont know what in their mouth caused it but it happened when that snake bit him.. I was hoping he would have learned from that first time.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:44 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,548,973 times
Question and then what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I found 2 more guys in one of the sticky things today: one was a black kid with a yellow collar and the other, black with yellow stripes.

I just googled and found out they both appear to be pretty harmless.

Nita

did you release them???

Kate

Old 09-15-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkate_m View Post
did you release them???

Kate
If they had been alive I would have, but they were very dead. Again, they were just babies. As I have mentioned the exterminator comes every 3 months. After he strays he leaves little triangle traps to kill any bugs that still remain. From time to time small snakes get stuck as well. If we were in the area when they crawl onto the sticky pads we would release them, but we have yet to see it happen.

Nita

ps: I still can't stand snakes, but yes, if I knew it wasn't poisinous I would let it go.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:49 PM

1,539 posts, read 3,189,767 times
YIKES!!!
I can attest there are NO SNAKES in Alaska as I grew up there. All this snake talk has me kinda freaked out about moving to TX as I KNOW they will be there....eek!

Old 09-18-2009, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKgirlinCA View Post
YIKES!!!
I can attest there are NO SNAKES in Alaska as I grew up there. All this snake talk has me kinda freaked out about moving to TX as I KNOW they will be there....eek!
Don't let it bother you. We lived in the Dallas area for 13 years and I never saw a snake. Our daughter has been there for 23, I don't think she has either. Even here, I know people who haven't seen them. These little guys would probably have stayed in the woods had they not gotten lost and somehow dicided our porch was a good place to hang out.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers