Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 11:21 AM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
You are missing the point. What is driven underground is the men's same sex behavior. Because of societal persecutions against GLBT person's, many feel they have to live in the closet for fear of being fired, assaulted etc.

If the U.S. was as progressive as many other countries then it wouldn't be an issue if someone came out as gay. They would be treated like everyone else and accorded the same rights and protections. Sadly the U.S. is very regressive in its thinking.
It varies by region across the US and to pen the US as regressive on the issue tells me you probably don't have an appreciation for how bad it is in many other countries. Many parts of the country....NO ONE CARES....I certainly don't.

I do find it ironic that it's "Driven underground" when basically the whole point of the thread was guys getting arrested for public sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 12:05 PM

144 posts, read 158,121 times
As a gay male i never got the allure to having sex in a public bathroom. Talk about gross! Yuck!

Old 07-31-2010, 07:47 PM

111 posts, read 390,206 times
Ewww, I think I stopped there a few weeks ago on vacation.

I will admit, it was a nicer than average welcome station, but I was able to rein in any feelings of amore.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:26 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,146,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
After the police in Fort Worth were caught lying about "being touched" in a gay bar last year, why should anyone believe the police?
Alas, this is called anecdotal evidence. You offer one example, and draw a sweeping conclusion from that. That is a narrow minded and uninformed opinion. However, it is your opinion, and you're entitled to it.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:37 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,027,076 times
I don't have anything against gay folks but if anyone touches me in a public restroom, I'm sorry but something bad will happen. I don't like to even shake hands with people. The only person who I will allow to touch me is my wife. I do nothing for the police to even look at me.
I'll talk to and smile and wave at straight folks, gay folks, police folks any folks, ~~~ but no touching please.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:08 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,433,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
Alas, this is called anecdotal evidence. You offer one example, and draw a sweeping conclusion from that. That is a narrow minded and uninformed opinion. However, it is your opinion, and you're entitled to it.
great response!!! and so true.

Nita

Old 08-01-2010, 04:47 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,332,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
great response!!! and so true.

Nita

Old 08-01-2010, 06:41 PM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times
I think this thread should have been titled, "6 people arrested for having sex in public restroom" or something along those lines. Doesn't matter, gay or straight....if I'd pulled into that reststop with my boys and walked in on anyone having sex I'd have called the cops on them.

I don't really see why this is even a *gay* story.

Old 08-01-2010, 06:51 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,146,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think this thread should have been titled, "6 people arrested for having sex in public restroom" or something along those lines. Doesn't matter, gay or straight....if I'd pulled into that reststop with my boys and walked in on anyone having sex I'd have called the cops on them.

I don't really see why this is even a *gay* story.
Well said! Why is it that common sense is so uncommon these days???

Old 08-01-2010, 07:34 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,349,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
Well said! Why is it that common sense is so uncommon these days???
Don't kid yourself, common sense has never been common.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers