Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 07:51 PM

9 posts, read 7,343 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know a Dotty (maiden name Keene) I do not know her married name if she has one. She is suposed to live in the Pea Ridge holler somewhere. She was raised by her mother alone, and I do not know if she ever had siblings. Someone in the family said that she still lives in the same house her mother raised her in, and has a family, probably all grown up now. Some of you who has lived in the hollers should know who i am talking about. She would be about 65 to 67, right now. If you know her, please let me know on here, or email me at lovelylinda56@gmail.com. Thank you so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 09:37 AM

Default Dotty Keene

Just remember, She lives in Pea Ridge, not Jane. She only went to school in Jane, and probably only to grade school. Don't think Jane had a high school there. They even bused us to Pineville for PE class. Back in 1959-60, they didn't have a high school, and I don't even know if she finished school after the 8th grade. And she may go by a married name now.

Old 08-23-2015, 10:17 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,104,201 times
Jane, MO is east of Noel and Anderson a few miles. I used to go to Branson that way. It is beautiful country. I am sending a number for someone who can help you find Dotty if she is still in Jane.

I'm sending it to your email with the subject of Jane, MO. Good Luck

Old 05-21-2017, 12:10 AM

My new name is Linda Cooprider. I got married on valentines day. My name was Linda Gordon. I am still looking for someone who may know Dotty, who used to be Dotty Keene. She was born near the year of 1947 to 1949. Probably 1948. We was about the same age, and I am 69 years old, she may be 68. We went to the old White Rock school in Jane Mo. Dotty lived with her mother and she never spoke of sibblings, but I heard that she is still living in her mothers house in Pea Ridge, arkansas down in a hollar somewhere. She is retirement age now, and has raised a family, which should be all grown and have families of their own. I sure would like to run into someone who knows her. If she married, her last name has changed. She has to exist. There is no death record for her. I don't find a record showing she even went to High School. I went to school with her in 1960 in Jane, White Rock elementary, and the building is no longer standing. She is my cousin and was my best friend. She loved her mother. Someone has to know her enough that she used to be Dotty keene. She told me her fathers name is Bill, so that would be my moms uncle, William Lesley Keene, and they called him Bill. I don't know what her mothers name was, but found out she has passed on. The aunt that knew her situation passed away a few years ago, but one of my other cousins told me what she knew. Please help me find her. I have a car now and soon I will go into the town and ask around. She has to go into town to get supplies, and possible worked somewhere around Pea Ridge. I cannot find a record of her marriage so far. Is there anyone who also went to school with her back then, who may know her better than I did, who can fill me in? Someone has to know her.

Old 05-21-2017, 12:21 AM

Default Help in finding Dottie Keene

Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
Jane, MO is east of Noel and Anderson a few miles. I used to go to Branson that way. It is beautiful country. I am sending a number for someone who can help you find Dotty if she is still in Jane.

I'm sending it to your email with the subject of Jane, MO. Good Luck
I am sorry but your message must have went to my spam folder and i didn't get it. Could you run that number by me again. Still lookin for Dottie.

Old 02-13-2020, 09:59 AM

Hi, this is Linda Cooprider again. I am still looking for Dottie Keene. She would be around 71-72 now. I didn't get the phone number of someone who was going to help me find her. She lives in her mothers house still where she grew up, raised her family there. A cousin told me that much. She knew about her but got her info from a Senior lady cousin who knew, and i believe she knew where she lived, but has died a few years ago. Dotty told me her fathers name was Bill Keene. We went to school together. She is my cousin and she was also my best friend, at White Rock Elementary, around the year of 1959 to1960. She lives somewhere in a hollow near the Jane, mo and Pea Ridge, area. I never did an all night with her so don't know where she lived or seen her house. She had no sibblings at that time. It was just her and her mother. But her bus went towards Powell somewhere.

Old 07-07-2020, 04:35 PM

Default Looking for cousin, Dotty(Dorothy, Dottie) Keene

Ok i am back. This is 07/07/2020. I am kind of mixed up as my search for Dotty continues. I cannot find her in any school annual. There was a rumor that she still lives in her mothers house, but don't know if that is her or someone else. As to her fathers name, I am not sure about that either. There is no mention of her even being in that area that i can find. Noone seems to know her. Since Keene was her maiden name and she went by Dotty when i knew her. I know she exists and she may still be alive. I could have been mistaken and i thought she said Keene, and maybe her fathers last name was King, or something simular to that. She is probably married and goes by her husbands name, which is probably why it is so hard to find her. I did find a gal who was born in 1946 who was a Dorothy Keene, but she is from Benton ARkansas and went to College in Anderson Indiana. I found her picture on Ancestry.com in a high school annual, and came on her husbands obituary. I am waiting for her to call me back to see if she is Dotty. Anyway, if anyone knows a Dotty or a Dorothy, Dortha, Dorris or anything like that whose maiden name was Keene or King, please let me know. I probably will not stop looking until i find her. I am a very determined person. Ps, i will be 73 in november.

Old 07-09-2020, 07:19 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,112,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGord68 View Post
Ok i am back. This is 07/07/2020. I am kind of mixed up as my search for Dotty continues. I cannot find her in any school annual. There was a rumor that she still lives in her mothers house, but don't know if that is her or someone else. As to her fathers name, I am not sure about that either. There is no mention of her even being in that area that i can find. Noone seems to know her. Since Keene was her maiden name and she went by Dotty when i knew her. I know she exists and she may still be alive. I could have been mistaken and i thought she said Keene, and maybe her fathers last name was King, or something simular to that. She is probably married and goes by her husbands name, which is probably why it is so hard to find her. I did find a gal who was born in 1946 who was a Dorothy Keene, but she is from Benton ARkansas and went to College in Anderson Indiana. I found her picture on Ancestry.com in a high school annual, and came on her husbands obituary. I am waiting for her to call me back to see if she is Dotty. Anyway, if anyone knows a Dotty or a Dorothy, Dortha, Dorris or anything like that whose maiden name was Keene or King, please let me know. I probably will not stop looking until i find her. I am a very determined person. Ps, i will be 73 in november.
I am s sorry you are not or did not get the answers you were hoping for . I wish you good luck and keep us posted

Old 07-09-2020, 01:42 PM

425 posts, read 492,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGord68 View Post
Linda,

In reading all of your post regarding finding Dotty, you have said she was a cousin, and her Dad was your Mom's uncle, with the same last name as Keene. So does the name "Keene" exist within your family? You mentioned in your last post you could have been mistaken on her last name, so just trying to clear that up. I've done a little skip tracing over the years, but not a lot of go on here if we are not sure of the first and/or last name.

If we know for sure William Lesley Keene was in-fact her fathers name, that would be a good starting point.

The only verified "Dotty Keene" I have found resides in Wilmington NC (age 70), and is related to or associated with the last name of Harrell.

I found a few "Keene's" living in Pineville MO, Jane MO, and even Pearidge AR, so they are in the area. The oldest Keene I could find resides in Pineville MO, (Norman Keene). He is 89 years of age. He may be a good starting point. I am showing an email address and landline phone# for him, and also have a physical address. PM me if you want that info.

Last edited by vcvs; 07-09-2020 at 01:45 PM.. Reason: I type too fast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers