Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 10:52 AM

501 posts, read 1,473,596 times

Advertisements

Thanks for rec on the movie. I'll check it out as Ed Harris is one of my favorite actors but I don't think anything could change my opinion on Jackson Pollock's work. I've seen his paintings in museums and personally just don't are for it but obviously other's do if they are willing to spend $140 million. Do you know who bought it by any chance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 01:49 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,482,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
Thanks for rec on the movie. I'll check it out as Ed Harris is one of my favorite actors but I don't think anything could change my opinion on Jackson Pollock's work. I've seen his paintings in museums and personally just don't are for it but obviously other's do if they are willing to spend $140 million. Do you know who bought it by any chance?
Hope you enjoy it. Ed Harris plays a great Pollock, and one reason he was interested in the role is that he had been told by many, in his adult life, that he closely resembled him.

I, like you, used to think of Pollock's work as kindergartenerish (if such a word exists?) and simple. However, the movie changed my mind as I watched Harris (as Pollock) paint with a simple stick and saw the complicated man that he was. The thinking and creativity that went into his paintings was revolutionary and quite different for the time.

In the end...a tortured soul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts