Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Fish
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 12:19 AM

3,563 posts, read 5,388,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
my 40 gal tank cracked so everyone had to be moved to a 30gal...
this is not making for happy fish ad i cant afford to replace it right now...

so after alot of deliberation ive decided to rehome my 4 most agressive cichlids and just keep the parrots and 1 odd tigerbarb.
its just not fair on them to be in a smaller tank (true its only a little over 10 gals smaller but its made a huge difference in their agression levels, fish that got along before are chasing eachother and once perfect fins are not nipped.

so i put a listing on craigslist and got 2 enquiries right away, one guy came out and took one of them...
but the other guy, who was adamant he wants the most agressive, a gorgeous little jewel male, was supposed to come yesterday and still hasnt got back to me *grumbles*
meanie the jewel is currently in a little iso box because he is soooo agressive right now (he makes the zebras look sedate lol).

i just dont get it, why do people say there going to come and then just change their mind?

ive got a red zebra, a ob zebra and this red jewel left to find homes for and my local petstore (the only one of 3 that i would trust) doest usually take them in. im going to call them again today and see if they might at least take the jewel as hes the most desperate...
part of opening up communication is that everyone walks through the door; (or doesn't);
far too many fish people are really young, and it's EASY to say you WANT something and then have to
!) get away from the computer desk (extremely difficult for some)
2) make a commitment and then, follow through (next to impossible for some)
and finally,
3) say thank you............I'm still waiting
by the way, my internet "record" for "not doing something" is 27 emails...although currently I have an "sentfrommyiPhone" client that is on emial number 19. I sent her a picture of what I was turning into............a pumpkin!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Fish