Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Fish
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2011, 01:20 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,850,819 times

Advertisements

I have a 30 gallon hex that is several years old. It is in great shape, except that it needs a new light strip and glass tank cover.

I have looked all over and can't find supplies for this aquarium. I have tried local pet shops as well as online shops. Any suggestions ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 01:58 PM

668 posts, read 2,186,102 times
Make sure you dont just limit yourself to one search engine.

Google, Yahoo, metalcrawler, and a whole host of search engines will find you different things from different aspects.

Search "Search Engines" and see what comes up, then go from there... Most search engines only give you the 'best' who pay to be there, but, others have different prameters and will give you other choices.

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 12-08-2011, 06:18 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,850,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworkingmenace View Post
Make sure you dont just limit yourself to one search engine.

Google, Yahoo, metalcrawler, and a whole host of search engines will find you different things from different aspects.

Search "Search Engines" and see what comes up, then go from there... Most search engines only give you the 'best' who pay to be there, but, others have different prameters and will give you other choices.

I wish you well...

Jesse

Thanks for the tip....I had just been looking through results from Google shopping search, because I had always been able to find what I was looking for there, until now.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:18 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,851,089 times
unfortunatly thats one of the big problems with buying kit tanks, stop making the tank and the parts can be hard to find.

my first suggestion is instead of looking for the parts online look up the make and model (your looking for the manufacturor of the tank kit...then contact the company directly and see if they still make the parts...
secondly would be to call around any fish specialty stores...petco/petsmart arnt usually much good, but true speciality stores usually knwo their stuff...explain the situation and see if they know where you can get (or if they can special order/ship parts to you)
if all else fails, its time to start rigging up a new system. you can amke a new top for it with glass of plexi, most stores that sell both will also cut it to size/shape for you, simply make a paper template of the old peice/hole it needs to cover and take it with you.
the light, well that cna be tricky, your not nessicarily goign to find a light that will simply sit ontop perfectly so you might need to be creative in making somethign (i have a friend who used high power desk lamp on one of her tanks lol) or less picky on how "smooth" it looks...(ie using a small light strip suspended above the tank ect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Fish