Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Fish
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 10:30 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,792,950 times

Advertisements

Seems a little confined to me... and the snail has no friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 04:27 AM

1 posts, read 7,088 times
u ever seen a snail socializing with another snail???

Old 07-13-2009, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthistime View Post
u ever seen a snail socializing with another snail???
LOL! Admittedly, not. But they have to procreate somehow, LOL!

Old 07-13-2009, 10:17 AM

1,280 posts, read 6,981,961 times
I thought they were cute when I first saw them. But then I started thinking about it. I think that just because something can survive in a tiny environment doesn't mean that it's a good quality of life for them. I don't know if a snail would care, but frogs are a little different.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:36 AM

Yeah that and just exactly how are they shipped? Do they sit in that darkness of the box in a stockroom for how long? Etc.

OK, they don't meet the same end as say a beef cow, but still seems like a sucky thing to do.

Then there's the question of the one's that get out. Since they are African Dwarf Frogs or some such, who knows if they are an invasive species if they were to get into the wild?

The whole concept, though "cute" and "green" seems to suck.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:59 PM

1 posts, read 6,411 times
It is totally cruel. They can become paralyzed by banging into the walls of the small enclousreThese frogs need minimum 5 gallon tank. The notion that the directions and info are correct is just plain bogus. They need to be fed every day when small. They need frequent water changes or they get burned by the ammonia in the water from their waste and they will die. These guys live up to 10 years or more when properly cared for and only weeks if the directions are followed.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:24 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,047,429 times
i had never heard of this, so of course, had to check it out.....

YES.... i would say its cruel.....

and get this.... read some of the reviews and one woman said she was too busy to remember to feed the poor little froggies and that it was a hassle.... keeping in mind that the directions said 2 pellets per frog 2x week ....

in reference to what socksy said..... another one of the reviewers said that he TRIPLED the recommended amount of food and that the frogs actually became active..... so apparently, the recommended feeding schedule is not enough to sustain them ..... on the recommended feeding schedule, they just sit around, not moving much to conserve energy and stave off starvation........

Old 08-20-2009, 01:18 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,853,184 times
The PETA Files: Frog-O-SphereArchives

Frog-O-Sphere Ecosystem with 2 Aquatic Frogs Reviews | Buzzillions.com gives it a 3.1 rating right now.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:37 AM

1 posts, read 5,609 times
Default It's not Cruel

My parents recently bought my fiance and I a Frog-O-Sphere.

One, if a woman forgot to feed frogs twice a week then she shouldn't be allowed to own any pets.

Two, they're very small frogs and they have plenty of room to move.

Three, we feed ours on the recommended schedule and they are both perfectly active and healthy. They play and swim all the time. Also, just like any other living creature, some frogs require more food than others to remain healthy.

Four, what about fish? You're not complaining about people putting a goldfish in a fish bowl all alone but you're complaining about two incredibly tiny frogs in an aquarium that is perfectly suited to their size.

Five, if you pay attention to what your doing when you clean the tank, there is absolutely no way for them to get loose.

Six, how many of you have cats and dogs that are sheltered in your home? If you let your cat out to roam free, would that be considered cruel? You would leave them vulnerable to other animals, cruel kids and the possibility of being hit by a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
i had never heard of this, so of course, had to check it out.....

YES.... i would say its cruel.....

and get this.... read some of the reviews and one woman said she was too busy to remember to feed the poor little froggies and that it was a hassle.... keeping in mind that the directions said 2 pellets per frog 2x week ....

in reference to what socksy said..... another one of the reviewers said that he TRIPLED the recommended amount of food and that the frogs actually became active..... so apparently, the recommended feeding schedule is not enough to sustain them ..... on the recommended feeding schedule, they just sit around, not moving much to conserve energy and stave off starvation........

Old 10-14-2009, 11:21 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,047,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflowers12 View Post
My parents recently bought my fiance and I a Frog-O-Sphere.

One, if a woman forgot to feed frogs twice a week then she shouldn't be allowed to own any pets.

Two, they're very small frogs and they have plenty of room to move.

Three, we feed ours on the recommended schedule and they are both perfectly active and healthy. They play and swim all the time. Also, just like any other living creature, some frogs require more food than others to remain healthy.

Four, what about fish? You're not complaining about people putting a goldfish in a fish bowl all alone but you're complaining about two incredibly tiny frogs in an aquarium that is perfectly suited to their size.

Five, if you pay attention to what your doing when you clean the tank, there is absolutely no way for them to get loose.

Six, how many of you have cats and dogs that are sheltered in your home? If you let your cat out to roam free, would that be considered cruel? You would leave them vulnerable to other animals, cruel kids and the possibility of being hit by a car.

sounds like you are the exception to the rule in your care of your frog-o-sphere...... good for you.... and good for your frogs........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Fish