Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Fish
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-22-2007, 06:35 PM
 
Location: Vancouver, Canada
550 posts, read 2,825,400 times
Reputation: 549

Advertisements

You know how your dog or cat does something really bad sometimes and you have to give them a swift swat on the tush? (Not hard so don't send me animal abuse mail please!) Well, my foot long albino oscar gets in moods sometimes where he chases the other fish around the tank, pulling up plants and knocking over the ornaments.

One day I had enough of him chasing the baby fish around. I stuck my hand in the tank and flicked his tail. He turned around ready for battle! Needless to say I yanked my hand out of there pretty quick! It's funny though, every time he is being really bad I stick my hand in the tank and he backs off. So maybe spanking a fish does work!

Do any of you have aggressive fish tank stories?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-22-2007, 06:53 PM
 
Location: Just a few miles outside of St. Louis
1,921 posts, read 5,621,420 times
Reputation: 1250
Well, I've had fish before, though I've never tried this. I have to say, it is a hilarious mental picture!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2007, 07:05 PM
MB2
 
Location: Sebastian/ FL
3,496 posts, read 9,432,957 times
Reputation: 2764
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoe View Post
You know how your dog or cat does something really bad sometimes and you have to give them a swift swat on the tush? (Not hard so don't send me animal abuse mail please!) Well, my foot long albino oscar gets in moods sometimes where he chases the other fish around the tank, pulling up plants and knocking over the ornaments.

One day I had enough of him chasing the baby fish around. I stuck my hand in the tank and flicked his tail. He turned around ready for battle! Needless to say I yanked my hand out of there pretty quick! It's funny though, every time he is being really bad I stick my hand in the tank and he backs off. So maybe spanking a fish does work!

Do any of you have aggressive fish tank stories?
Now why doesn't THAT surprise me, hearing something so unconventional from you????
As I have said before, you are killing me....lol....
I always had goldfish and karp, and they are very docile as you know. Would have never put up with any of the s***, if they wouldn't have gotten along...
But how about a buddy of mine had phyranas?
You can't feed them every day (when they are caught wild), because you will actually kill them. Well, after they didn't eat for about 3-4 days, he fed them, one jumped out of the water, and tore up his hand....
That's what he got for messing around....lol. (He got stiches, BTW)
Is that aggressive enough?? LOL...I sure hope so....(the next story better be a shark one....lol )

Last edited by MB2; 05-22-2007 at 07:06 PM.. Reason: well, typo, what else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2007, 07:08 PM
 
Location: West Virginia
13,926 posts, read 39,288,552 times
Reputation: 10257
Funny!! BUT maybe he needs a bigger tank....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2007, 08:36 PM
MB2
 
Location: Sebastian/ FL
3,496 posts, read 9,432,957 times
Reputation: 2764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Funny!! BUT maybe he needs a bigger tank....
lol....I guess.......
My buddy was crazy, having a caiman in his bath tub (it was a little one back then.....huh.l...ol)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2007, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Vancouver, Canada
550 posts, read 2,825,400 times
Reputation: 549
Quote:
Now why doesn't THAT surprise me, hearing something so unconventional from you????
Who me???

Your tank story blows past mine!!!! Oscar bit me once when I wasn't looking. It didn't hurt, just FREAKED me out!

Quote:
Funny!! BUT maybe he needs a bigger tank....
He is in a 90 gallon! My husband would freak out if I brought another tank home.....so I will when he isn't looking...sss ss ssss!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2007, 09:23 PM
MB2
 
Location: Sebastian/ FL
3,496 posts, read 9,432,957 times
Reputation: 2764
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoe View Post
Who me??? ...........

My husband would freak out if I brought another tank home.....so I will when he isn't looking...sss ss ssss!

And when will that be, when he is moved out??? LOL
Mine threatens...huh.....bust my chops.....if I would bring another animal home, he would move out....lol.... (He would never...has it way TOOOO GOOOOOD here, and KNOWS it....lol!!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2007, 09:32 PM
 
Location: Vancouver, Canada
550 posts, read 2,825,400 times
Reputation: 549
Hey, same with my hubby! I sneak smaller critters in and then one day...POOF...there it is. I don't say anything until he notices and then I cute my way out of getting a lecture!

I also have fish bowls with plants. He sometimes stops, peers in the bowl and says 'is there something alive in there?' How's that for not knowing his own house??

Now I need to figure out how to get a horse past him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2007, 09:38 PM
MB2
 
Location: Sebastian/ FL
3,496 posts, read 9,432,957 times
Reputation: 2764
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoe View Post
Hey, same with my hubby! I sneak smaller critters in and then one day...POOF...there it is. I don't say anything until he notices and then I cute my way out of getting a lecture!

I also have fish bowls with plants. He sometimes stops, peers in the bowl and says 'is there something alive in there?' How's that for not knowing his own house??

Now I need to figure out how to get a horse past him.

Oh, brother.......LOL!!!
That's one thing my husband would say YES immediately....lol. (After him coming with me horseback riding, caring for the horses...he started to really get into it. He was I think a bit scared at first )
Now we just need to find out, where the hell we want to move to and actually live at......I am like a gypsy at the moment...huh...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2007, 09:41 PM
 
Location: Vancouver, Canada
550 posts, read 2,825,400 times
Reputation: 549
Are you moving back to PA ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Fish

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top