Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2019, 05:47 PM

109 posts, read 303,143 times

Advertisements

Never been to Sedona or Flagstaff before, but i'll be passing by next week. I'll have about 1-2 hours to spend in each city. anything to do there in that amount of time? basically going from phoenix to vegas. going to stop by that mcdonalds for pics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2019, 11:38 PM

404 posts, read 766,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionictony View Post
Never been to Sedona or Flagstaff before, but i'll be passing by next week. I'll have about 1-2 hours to spend in each city. anything to do there in that amount of time? basically going from phoenix to vegas. going to stop by that mcdonalds for pics.
If you're going Phoenix to Vegas, Sedona and Flagstaff are really not on the way (most direct route would be US-93). But if you want the more scenic route, plenty of things you could do with 1-2 hours in each place. Red Rock Crossing State Park in Sedona would be my vote, along with driving 89A up through Oak Creek to Flagstaff.

In Flagstaff, maybe walk around downtown or if you like sciencey-stuff, head up to the USGS facility and scope out the Apollo materials they have on display. Or the Museum of Northern Arizona or the Lowell Observatory.

In Kingman, I've enjoyed Rickety Cricket a few times now if you're ready for beer or food.

Safe travels and have fun!

Old 06-19-2019, 10:24 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,911,561 times
I second 89-A drive.....very scenic with a couple nice pull-out spots.

Old 06-20-2019, 09:51 AM

225 posts, read 144,659 times
89A a mostly pleasant route. IMO from having lived all over these areas, with just 2-4 hours to spent - I'd stretch my legs walking around Courthouse Square in Prescott, AZ. Next head out of Prescott, AZ through Prescott Valley, AZ and cross Mingus Mountain stopping in Jerome to see the town and all the tourists from everywhere. You might grab a snack/lunch in Jerome, or drive into Cottonwood Old Town area and have a nice lunch in one of the restaurants there. A very short drive from Old Town Cottonwood is Clarkdale, AZ and The Copper Museum, a popular place with tourists and quite educational. It's easy to pickup 89A from Cottonwood, AZ. Sedona is tourist-intensive and crowded during summer months. The beautiful drive from Sedona to Flagstaff past Tomahawk Row (what locals call the tourist strip before camping grounds) is awash in tourists and traffic crawls. Best part of Sedona is hiking and cycling the trails. Drive through Sedona so you've done it. You might stop at the Sedona Whole Foods and grab a bite. Although many locals complained about big corporate Whole Foods coming to Sedona, many of the previous complainers now shop and grab a bite there. Whatever your choices, have fun!

Old 06-20-2019, 01:07 PM

456 posts, read 1,500,546 times
Trouillot has some good advice regarding Prescott, jerome, etc. I would advise you to avoid Sedona and Oak creek canyon this trip due to major road work in Sedona and in the Canyon. Sedona traffic is usually a mess, this construction will make it worse.

https://www.azdot.gov/projects/north...ments/overview

Sedona Eye » Sedona road construction impact will be felt until summer 2020

Old 06-25-2019, 05:25 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,978,315 times
I drove through Sedona a little over a week ago on a Sunday and it wasn't that bad. I was kind of surprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona