Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 02:42 AM

963 posts, read 2,306,927 times

Advertisements

Well, I'm back in New York after 2 years spent in beautiful Arizona. Sedona is on my mind! Fortunately, I have my photos to reminds me . . .

http://abqstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/courthouse-butte-sedona-1.jpg (broken link)

http://abqstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/sedona-landscape.jpg (broken link)

http://abqstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/sedona-hiking-trail.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 09:12 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,474,089 times
Sigh.
That red is gorgeous!

Old 09-14-2009, 09:26 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,394,382 times
Nice shots (especially that 3rd one).

Yeah, Sedona is an incredible place - one that I rank up there alongside Bora Bora and Yosemite Valley as places beautiful enough to easily inspire one to the devine.

Ken

Old 09-14-2009, 09:38 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,303,383 times
I have only been there once, but it is beautiful! However, I saw on the news the other day where Sedona flooded

Old 09-14-2009, 10:00 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,394,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegirlinaz View Post
I have only been there once, but it is beautiful! However, I saw on the news the other day where Sedona flooded
It wasn't the whole town. Most of the coverage was focused on a specific shopping center.

Ken

Old 09-14-2009, 10:26 AM

4,374 posts, read 11,257,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegirlinaz View Post
Yes, it was bad, I live here.

A couple of other areas had quite a bit of destruction too, although it was not the focus of the news as it was not a bad. I hear that two homes on Little Elf came right off their foundations and that street is up off Coffe Pot Road. There was a mass of red dirt on the road at the intersection of 89A and Coffee Pot/Sunset. M&I Bank and Walgreens had mud and debris filled parking lots. I heard plows all night where I live and then the following day they had to work on 89A so traffic was jammed up.

Here is some info on the floods

http://www.sedona.biz/sedona-flood09102009.htm (broken link)

http://www.azfamily.com/news/homepagetopstory/stories/sedona-news-091009-flooding-water-rescues.1698f40f5.html (broken link)

Last edited by ElkHunter; 09-14-2009 at 11:50 AM..

Old 09-14-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design7 View Post
Well, I'm back in New York after 2 years spent in beautiful Arizona. Sedona is on my mind! Fortunately, I have my photos to reminds me . . .
Hi Design7

Do you wish you could return? I lived in Sedona for 2 1/2 years and then left for 4 (but came back for 1 winter during that time) and then came back again 2 years ago. I love it but think I am getting ready for another change soon...as beautiful as it is, it is small and I find sometimes there's not much to do besdies hike which I do often.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:18 PM

963 posts, read 2,306,927 times
Default I Shall Return!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
Hi Design7

Do you wish you could return? I lived in Sedona for 2 1/2 years and then left for 4 (but came back for 1 winter during that time) and then came back again 2 years ago. I love it but think I am getting ready for another change soon...as beautiful as it is, it is small and I find sometimes there's not much to do besdies hike which I do often.
I am a New Yorker (NYC) that spent close to three years in Albuquerque and then two years in Arizona. As long as the economy was good my business (web design) allowed me to telecommute from anywhere in the country. Being able to enjoy the southwest was one of the best experiences of my life! However, the tough recession gave me a little spanking so I was forced to move back to New York for a bit. However, I am making definite plans to return. I may decide to make Albuquerque or Santa Fe my home and make frequent trips to my favorite spots in Arizona including Sedona. I'm hooked!

Old 09-14-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design7 View Post
I am a New Yorker (NYC) that spent close to three years in Albuquerque and then two years in Arizona. As long as the economy was good my business (web design) allowed me to telecommute from anywhere in the country. Being able to enjoy the southwest was one of the best experiences of my life! However, the tough recession gave me a little spanking so I was forced to move back to New York for a bit. However, I am making definite plans to return. I may decide to make Albuquerque or Santa Fe my home and make frequent trips to my favorite spots in Arizona including Sedona. I'm hooked!
How was living in Albuquerque? I tried to like Santa Fe but for some reason I just don't resonate with it. I also hear it has a fairly high crime rate which surprises me.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:27 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,587,075 times
Did you start up a new name on here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona