Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2020, 12:28 AM

8 posts, read 18,116 times

Advertisements

We will be making a deposit on a new build soon in Mountain Gate. Relocating from the Valley. Clarkdale looks nice and quiet.

Are there any residents who wish to say what they love/hate of Clarkdale?

How about crime?
Are taxes really high?

Has it ever flooded? Our home will technically be in a "shaded zone X" which has a 0.2-1.0% of getting flooded according to FEMA. This worries me a bit.

I appreciate the input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2020, 08:36 AM

475 posts, read 318,417 times
I can't answer you questions about taxes but I live 3 miles from Clarkdale and yes, it's both nice and quiet, very much small town America.

Old 11-10-2020, 10:22 PM

Thank you for your reply. I sure am hopeful that it is that way.

Old 11-15-2020, 02:19 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,229,260 times
It's a wonderful area with great restaurants in Cottonwood and Jerome - better than what you'd expect for a small place. There are generally a number of interesting things going on but covid has changed that a bit. Our shopping is limited with trips to Prescott (it's around 1 hour away, over a mountain), Phoenix or ordering things from Amazon, depending on what you need (get Prime if you don't have it). There is no movie theatre nearby.

It feels very safe to me but there is some drug activity like there probably is in any small town America.

I am not aware of flooding but being closer to Mingus Mountain could change that in high rains but we're in a massive drought right now.

Is there anything specific that you want to know?

Old 11-17-2020, 11:38 AM

Thank you for your thorough answer. Our desire as a family is moving to an area where its quiet, peaceful and where we don't have to worry too much about crime. Clarkdale seems to fit the bill. Statistic wise, Cottonwood seems to have much more crime per capita. Online sources for crime statistics show an "F-" rating for Cottonwood while Clarkdale has an "A+". Probably comparing apples to oranges because of the different population size, but I am hoping that Clarkdale, being much smaller, will also be quieter. Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona