Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2008, 02:10 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,296,055 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to Sedona in a few weeks and we have a moving truck delivering our things but they don't unload the truck. Does anyone know of a reasonable moving company I can get to unload the truck?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 09:46 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,223,721 times
you could try 'Sir Moves Alot'

Old 10-13-2008, 08:11 AM

Thanks! I emailed them.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:23 AM

849 posts, read 2,921,611 times
For a small fee, I will personally drive your truck out there, unload everything, and stay for a week with you to make sure you get settled- I only require 3 small meals a day and unlimited hiking....oh...and a plane ticket back to Tampa. I promise I won't break anything.
Seriously....I'd do this....I want to go out there so bad I can taste it.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:56 PM

Hi Rich, we don't have a truck. We are having a trucking company drive it out for us. So it's not "our truck". Once we get there that we need help unloading it.

Have you ever been out there? Are you trying to relocate out there? Can you believe we were trying to decide between Sarasota and Sedona. So as of now we are about 90% sure we are going to Sedona.

You have to get out to Sedona if you haven't been there. It is an amazing place

Old 10-14-2008, 01:56 PM

I was out there once years ago-it truly is awesome.
I am planning my retirement and have decided 99% that I will be moving to Page, AZ. I want to be close to the water (Powell), and since I'm pretty active and plan on staying that way well into retirement with mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, jetskiing, etc., I figure I'd be smack dab in the middle of all that good stuff at Lake Powell.
Sarasota's nice, but I think you're making a better decision. Granted you'll see some more extreme temps out there than in Florida, you'll enjoy the scenery much more.
Enjoy and make sure you post some pics to your album when you get out there!!

Old 10-14-2008, 02:29 PM

I've never been to Powell. I do plan on getting out there and to Page also. Arizona is just beautiful. I do love Florida but I was finding I had to spend more on housing to get out of the dangerous areas. Sedona is safe all over.

When I am retiring I will head to Hawaii. I lived there for 10 yrs and it is the best place to live. Period. Have you been there? It really is one of those " must do" kind of places.

In the meanwhile, I will spend some time in Arizona

We just have to finalize the jobs and figure out the cheapest way to get out there. It is way more expensive to move to Arizona then it is to move to Florida.

Who knows, I might end up in Sarasota! It's all about the job offers

At any rate, I sure will post the pictures

Old 10-14-2008, 03:51 PM

I went to Oahu and the big island years ago. Stayed in Kona and Waikiki. Oahu was very nice. Haven't yet been to Maui or Kauai- want to go there before I retire.
I agree with having to spend more money in Florida to be safer. Sad but true.
Sarasota is indeed very nice- but the scenery is much lacking when compared to AZ, unless you really love the beach. I love the water and the beaches here, but I'm limited- no hiking and real mountain biking for me. Too flat.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:08 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,223,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
I've never been to Powell. I do plan on getting out there and to Page also. Arizona is just beautiful. I do love Florida but I was finding I had to spend more on housing to get out of the dangerous areas. Sedona is safe all over.

When I am retiring I will head to Hawaii. I lived there for 10 yrs and it is the best place to live. Period. Have you been there? It really is one of those " must do" kind of places.

In the meanwhile, I will spend some time in Arizona

We just have to finalize the jobs and figure out the cheapest way to get out there. It is way more expensive to move to Arizona then it is to move to Florida.

Who knows, I might end up in Sarasota! It's all about the job offers

At any rate, I sure will post the pictures
Hey Jenny,
What is so good about HI? I haven't been there and work from home so I can live anywhere. Maybe some day I will get to HI. I do have a dog though and wouldn't want to go throught the quarantine issue. What part did you live in?

Thanks

Old 10-15-2008, 06:58 AM

Oh Adventuregurl,

If you haven't been there, then you have to go. If you do, PM me before you start planning and I can explain to you in more detail about each island.

Hawaii is just stunning. I won't lie and tell you it's not expensive BUT you can still find a condo for a little over 100K It just depends on where you live.

I love the food, the people, the scenery. Where else can you go and buy a $5 vegetarian lunch and sit on the grass and watch a Mommy whale teach her baby to breech? In Hawaii you can be flat broke and still have things you can do. AND you will hear people say " Oh the "natives" don't like white people" well, I am White and I never once had a problem and I lived there 10 yrs. If you don't have an attitude like you are better then they are, then they will accept you just fine. Of course there are jerks, but that is where ever you go, but over all 99.9% of the people are gracious.

Also, in Hawaii people are really open and accepting. So if you are tall, short, Catholic or Buddhist, rich or poor, gay or straight, white or brown, no one cares. You won't be judged by how much money you have or what car you drive or what designer made your shirt. No one cares.

So while the houses are more (no more then Sedona) everything else is reasonable. Even food. At the grocery store they have a discount card for locals so a tourist pays $4.00 for a loaf of bread and the local pays $2.50. PLUS in Hawaii there is tons of free fruit and fish. So when your neighbors Avocado tree is ripe, they will knock on your door and had you a bag of avocado's and then your other neighbor will catch a 200# Marlin, so they will knock on your door and hand you 20# of fish. Even though I was in college there, I always had money and never had to worry about it.

I would suggest Maui. I lived on Oahu but it is way too crowded. I lived there for college. Maui is really beautiful and tons of artsy, nature loving, open minded people.

Please keep my name and you can PM me anytime and I will tell you all about Hawaii. The minute you step off the plan, you will fall in love
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona